• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question j channel source

netsol

a large client (large to us, anyway) requested we look into making pricing boards
what they call menu boards, using 1-1/4" polystyrene or sintra strips for product name
& price inserts. looking for a source for J channel and h channel to make these up
backing would be sintra

Attachments

• menu board.jpg
    menu board.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 139

tedshock

The wholesale shop that does our dimensional letters once serviced a large water ice chain for about 13 years (and this was about 15 years ago when they stopped). They never used J channel, only C channel for the menu boards. They had tons of it leftover for years after and whenever we needed some the owner would just give it to us.

I just spoke to him and he told me the place he bought it was display products in los angeles, california. he said they had just about every type of plastic channel product you can imagine. He just called me back after re-checking, and told me they are still in business and still making every type available.

(edited to include city and updated information from my source)

Last edited:

ikarasu

Search for sign letter track.

I just did a dozen or so signs with it, bought from a Canadian supplier so I can't help you guys down south! But I spent weeks looking for j and h channel only to have a ton of non related sign stuff pop up, and the stuff I did find was flimsy garbage... Grimco has it (special order up here though) under zip change lettering track.

Both terms pull up a few shops that sell it in USA

netsol

Thank you
years ago, the headquarters of Ain plastics was 6 miles away from home
i never had to look very hard