• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help JFX200 2513 Gloss problems

jbarry14

We had the white / gloss head in our JFX replaced a couple months ago. I am having problems printing gloss. Gloss bands so badly when printing, but if I do a hard clean before printing, it is fine. But I have to do it before every print. It does not happen for any other ink, only gloss. Also, just about every part has been replaced within the last few months - All PCB's, Ink capping stations, Filters, Air pump and pressure solenoid, ink tanks, sub tanks, etc. Any suggestions?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try an air purge on the clear. Usually when there are issues with ink flow consistency it's air in the system. Also, make sure you aren't using primary filters on the clear. They should be the circular white filters not the large black cylinder style the other colors use.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I get that all the time, to reduce this I run gloss at 600x600 resolution at 32 pass and it fixes the issue for me.

Heres another thread on it with some more ideas, doesn't look like that OP has said if anything has worked for him.

jbarry14

Try an air purge on the clear. Usually when there are issues with ink flow consistency it's air in the system. Also, make sure you aren't using primary filters on the clear. They should be the circular white filters not the large black cylinder style the other colors use.
I have done several air purges, does not seem to make a difference. I will do nozzle checks and clear will pretty much not show up until I do a clean, then the clear will be fine. The filters were replaced with what PDS specified for filters for this color and ink type setup.

jbarry14

I get that all the time, to reduce this I run gloss at 600x600 resolution at 32 pass and it fixes the issue for me.

Heres another thread on it with some more ideas, doesn't look like that OP has said if anything has worked for him.

I will give that a try and see if that solves anything. Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have done several air purges, does not seem to make a difference. I will do nozzle checks and clear will pretty much not show up until I do a clean, then the clear will be fine. The filters were replaced with what PDS specified for filters for this color and ink type setup.
PDS knows their way around so they probably got it right. It sounds to me like there might be a pressure issue. It's just weird that it works fine once you've done the cleaning cycle. Do you get any sub tank errors or supply errors? Sometimes you might not see them because they can pop up and disappear very quickly. I'd check the error log to see if there is maybe a supply error that has been coming and going. It's almost like the clear is emptying when it sits and when you run the cleaning cycle it fills the sub tank back up. Just spit ballin'.