• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jumping on the HP Latex bandwagon

Spaceflunky

We just got one here at work. My boss went and got it with out me (lead designer/printer operator) even having an opinion on it. So we got it installed last friday. I have been running test prints and downloading profiles since. So far it seems to print really nice and a lot faster than our old Roland 545 Pro II. Cant wait to start modifying profiles and maybe creating my own.

Anyone have any good tips and tricks to use with this printer? We are using Flexi as the rip.

the graphics co

We just got one here at work. My boss went and got it with out me (lead designer/printer operator) even having an opinion on it. So we got it installed last friday. I have been running test prints and downloading profiles since. So far it seems to print really nice and a lot faster than our old Roland 545 Pro II. Cant wait to start modifying profiles and maybe creating my own.

Anyone have any good tips and tricks to use with this printer? We are using Flexi as the rip.

Turn the heat down, input tension down, optimize the straightness, and turn the vacuum up!

Spaceflunky

We just started our first "official" print on it. Didnt get to mess with the tips you suggested cause checked this after i had started the print. We will see how this one comes out. Ill post up some pics.

thanks!

here is the print. Printed on Orajet 3640. Used the HP permanent adhesive profile. 10 pass bi:directional, High Ink. Didnt mess with any more settings. It printed 24ft in about an hour at those settings. Print came out looking great!

Offsite pic replaced. Please read our rules and instructions on photo posting.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by a moderator:

HulkSmash

I'm not a franchise and i pay $105.
i was paying $119 from grimco.

It may help if you spend a lot of money with them too

Tim Aucoin

We just started our first "official" print on it. Didnt get to mess with the tips you suggested cause checked this after i had started the print. We will see how this one comes out. Ill post up some pics.

thanks!

here is the print. Printed on Orajet 3640. Used the HP permanent adhesive profile. 10 pass bi:directional, High Ink. Didnt mess with any more settings. It printed 24ft in about an hour at those settings. Print came out looking great!

What's that taped on the cover of your printhead cleaning door?
Very nice looking print! :thumb:

supersignmart

thanks!

Wow, I've bought 2 HP FB950 printers and a HP LX850 (on its way) from GSG and have never got one of those cool stickers! Wonder how I can get one for my printers!! Seriously, GSG Rocks!!!

iSign

nice pic OKC, but it will be pulled down...
no offsite pics allowed, so save Fred the time & upload it to this site HERE

Spaceflunky

i came back to read the thread and i was about to edit the pic when i saw that Fred had done it for me.

I only browse this place during work hours when it pertains to work related projects. I'll go home after work and read the rules. Sorry for causing Fred any inconvenience. Its the 2nd time today and ive only posted like 4 times! haha. Sorry!

The taped sheet is a conversion chart.
Sticker was placed on there by the GSG tech. It just has the GSG contact info.

cdiesel

Ink prices, like all other material prices, are based on purchasing power. <You buy more you pay less>. Doesn't really work <you pay less so you buy more> unless you're as smooth as Keith Stone.

JoshLoring

Not on the bandwagon. Got some samples from HP on vehicle wrap material and threw them up on the building roof against my Roland XC-540 and no comparison- the XC won. Fading and quality couldn't match the XC even just after 7 months.
If your gonna buy a cheap printer- you get cheap results. May have no offgas time with latex but takes say longer to print. I can rip through 2-3 wraps in the same time it will print 1.

jasonx

Not on the bandwagon. Got some samples from HP on vehicle wrap material and threw them up on the building roof against my Roland XC-540 and no comparison- the XC won. Fading and quality couldn't match the XC even just after 7 months.
If your gonna buy a cheap printer- you get cheap results. May have no offgas time with latex but takes say longer to print. I can rip through 2-3 wraps in the same time it will print 1.

You saying the Roland can print 3 times quicker then the latex?

That's incorrect and I have an XC540 and a L25500.

Fading I can't comment on as of yet were running tests ourselves on the medias we use.

Quality? The Latex wins hands down and its quicker.

nate

We've got two Roland XJ-740s which use the same ink/heads as the XC-540. The quality of print, speed of print, and cost of print all go to the HP, so much so that we're turning one Roland into a dye sub and selling off the other. There's just no need for them anymore.

We've had the LX800, which, until yesterday, used the same ink as the L25500s do for almost a year now. We've not seen any fade issues, even on unlaminated perf of which we do many, many window wraps.

They're rock solid machines.

Spaceflunky

yea since then ive downloaded and found out that for pretty much all of the 3600 Orajet series the 3621 G works best and the color is more like what we are used to getting. Printing some smaller stuff today and its all looking good now (no oily residue!!). Thanks for the link! I downloaded the profiles from the Graphix Direct site. I cant find the link right now but ill post it later if i can.