• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Jurassic Park Logos

heyskull

I am in the UK so this doesn't come up much.
Has anyone got the complete Graphics for the original Jurassic Park Ford Explorer.

Thanks
SC

ikarasu

Since when we're we a forum that openly broke copyright laws :confused:

I'm sure even in the UK it's against the law to reproduce graphics you don't own...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not at all geared towards the OP, but nobody gives two sh!ts about anything anymore around this place. From hacked software to misuse of fonts to having no integrity for others property.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Maybe blueprints.com is allowed to sell that? People can reproduce highly sought after camo, but you have to pay for a licence to print it and sell It.

ikarasu

I highly doubt it... Licensing is strict, and what you can do with it is strict too. Even if they had the license, THEY would be allowed to use it for their specific use case, not allow them to sell it for you to use however you please.... however much you please.

Plus, looking at their FAQ... It looks like its a user-submisible site... so someone else likely uploaded it. And their FAQ says you cant re-use the artwork for anything, and it grants you no licensing, blah blah.

It's no different from downloading it off of google and recreating it yourself...

My neighbor has a wrapped wonder woman Jeep - I've seen a batmobile wrap around the city too. Theres even a car thats wrapped like an iron man suit.... Theres a tik toker who did a wrap of lightning mcqueen and it got the attention of disney, and he got sued - He had lawyers so he didnt have to pay anything, of course.... And they compromised and said he could wrap his corvette like lightning mcqueen, but his subaru was "too close of a likeness"

But it goes to show, while something might be "Fanfiction" and people won't think it'll cause them any harm... The content creators don't think the same way!

Boudica

And therin lies the stickety whicket of copyrights and what they mean. They're only effective for those who have enough money to pay for the legal battle. Disney could own a country, it's like it's own government, so it's an unrealistic example for Rights to intellectual property as far as individual creators are concerned. Disney doesn't count. Now as for TV and Hollywood in general... Yah, they might have a problem with nerds wanting a Jurassic Mobil, or realize that it just strengthens the popularity and recognition in their brand in the long run. The marketing team tells the kids down in creative to chill out, and those dudes imitating what you did should be flattering to you, and ultimately it keeps this franchise of a few movie's relevant in Pop culture.

gnubler

Those decals are for sale from multiple online vendors, private and on Amazon.
There's a Jurassic Jeep in my area, probably done DIY.

Boudica

Those decals are for sale from multiple online vendors, private and on Amazon.
There's a Jurassic Jeep in my area, probably done DIY.
I've seen one tooling around here as well. Could be the same vehicle visiting the Kan, I didn't notice the plates.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I see copyrighted stuff a lot running around. We will not do it, particularly since a few of those copyright holders are clients of ours.

The argument that it is free advertising and visibility for the copyright holder is also no good. Generally speaking, a copyright holder wants to control how and where and by whom is displaying their IP. For example, what if this fan who wants to use their design also happens to be a total drunk. The last thing the copyright holder wants is to see on the news that the drunk driver of the "Jurassic Park Jeep" killed some family.... I've spoken to places that have been sued for illegally selling copyrighted works. It does not end pretty for them when that happens. Of course a copyright holder also has a financial investment in the development of their IP and wants a cut of the money from sales of their investment and work. The only time I've seen it fly was a Disney case where a woman was legally buying officially licensed Disney sheet sets, cutting them up and sewing them into pillows and whatnot and selling them.

JBurton

Signtologist
those dudes imitating what you did should be flattering to you
news that the drunk driver of the "Jurassic Park Jeep" killed some family
1687375800318.png

Nailed it!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I see copyrighted stuff a lot running around. We will not do it, particularly since a few of those copyright holders are clients of ours.

The argument that it is free advertising and visibility for the copyright holder is also no good. Generally speaking, a copyright holder wants to control how and where and by whom is displaying their IP. For example, what if this fan who wants to use their design also happens to be a total drunk. The last thing the copyright holder wants is to see on the news that the drunk driver of the "Jurassic Park Jeep" killed some family.... I've spoken to places that have been sued for illegally selling copyrighted works. It does not end pretty for them when that happens. Of course a copyright holder also has a financial investment in the development of their IP and wants a cut of the money from sales of their investment and work. The only time I've seen it fly was a Disney case where a woman was legally buying officially licensed Disney sheet sets, cutting them up and sewing them into pillows and whatnot and selling them.
I think that copyright laws exclude fans. Sell something and it's a different ball game

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
But I was more talking about a fan paying a sign shop to create something for them in which case it would be for pay and a different story. A fan creating something themselves might very well be exempt.