• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Just brought home (to business) a used Mimaki JV3-160S and no main power

KMCor

I am wondering if transporting this caused a problem from road vibration. I got the machine home and immediately plugged it into a power source appropriate for it so that the ink would go through the maintenance cycles. However there appears to be no power at all - no lights of any kind anywhere. Any ideas what I should try first?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Check your outlet is working.
Check your cables are firmly plugged into the machine.
Check the power switch on the REAR of the machine is "on".
Check the power switch on the front of the machine is "on".
The next steps require you to open panels on the machine and check fuses.

KMCor

Thank you - I checked all of the obvious but now sure where to check fuses - will look into that.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
With the machine unplugged, check all of the head cable connections (head and slider board) and all of the connections to the main board. In transportation one or more of the cables may have been knocked out and the printer tries to protect itself.

If all of the cables are good, unfortunately a common problem with Mimaki JV3 printers is that the main board breaks and causes this symptom. If absolutely nothing happens when you turn on the power, try this. With the machine unplugged, disconnect the power cable the goes from the power supply to the main board. It's a big colorful cable. Plug the machine back in and power on. If the power supply fan comes on, your main board is broken.