• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just finished

Flubber

The bus was fineshed about an hour ago and the truck was done yesterday.

Attachments

• IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 60

Sign_Boy

Looks good - but I would have kerned the phone number a bit and probably moved it away from the door handle a little.
Did you design them?

Flubber

the bus yes but on the truck the customer had someone design it and he brought us the file but i had to go in and do a contour cut around it. He wouldnt let us change anything on the design "he loved it" oh well customer gets what they want i guess, no matter what my opinion is sometimes.

Flubber

the only help i had was my boss helping me put up the pattern which was the lenght of the freaking bus but other than that it was all me.

Flubber

Vinyl....This was my first one to do but my boss had done 4 prior to this one.

Last edited:

Flubber

make a hinge at the top and tape all the pieces up take the pattern off step back see what needs fine tuning and start slapping some vinyl down..

Flubber

No..we used the the pen tool. It also depends on the size of the paper you can get your hands on bigger the better we were lucky enough to know some people who work at the paper mill and we had a roll of 48 inch blank paper given to us but we still have paper from them that has som graphics on it but you can still see through it a lil.

Flubber

I do better when i work alone...been doing it for almost two years alone 80% of the time and im glad too bc i have learned alot by just going out and getting it done.

ddubia

I work better alone too. Been working that way for 25 years. I don't usually know what to have a helper do so often they just give me a third hand here and there. Most of the time I use masking tape for that. Hard to justify paying a guy to emulate a piece of masking tape. :wink:

Never thought of using a pattern. Sounds like a feasible idea. What I usually do is scale up a picture of the vehicle actual size and measure at various points. I'll print that out as my blueprint and line the vinyl up according to my measurements. Still often needs a little tweaking but works for me.

I may try a pattern on a job in the future as it's not a bad idea.

btw.. good job on both vehicles. :thumb:

Flubber

I like your method as well ddubia....a patern works great for this kind of job bc the company has 18 busses $$$$$

phototec

The bus was fineshed about an hour ago and the truck was done yesterday.

Is that your Bus-Port, or is it the bus companies cover?

The pattern is good only when you have multiple vehicles (like you have), other wise, (for just one, it's a waste of paper and time to plot. Like ddubia, I just take a photo straight on (with a yardstick in the photo), scale it up in Photoshop, make and overlay to scale, and then I have a real scaled diagram (blueprint), which I can measure and know how far from any point on the bus to place the vinyl graphics.

Good Job on both!