• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV300-160 plus system halt err

I purchased a JV300-160plus March of last year. December while printing I received the system halt (3) 828:prg err L001114. I contacted my supplier and luckily I was still under warranty bc they had to change out the motherboard. I was told that this rarely happens. But again today I received the exact same error code, this time not under warranty. I don’t have an estimate on what it will cost to fix this time. I’m not sure why it is happening again. I have my machine plugged into a surge protected power strip. Has this happened to anyone else? Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4458.jpeg
    IMG_4458.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 257

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah that error means the firmware is having issues. Try updating first but it might be another main board. And yes, it is very rare so not sure why it's happened to you twice. It wouldn't be electrical. It's more like the firmware is getting corrupted somehow.

Yeah that error means the firmware is having issues. Try updating first but it might be another main board. And yes, it is very rare so not sure why it's happened to you twice. It wouldn't be electrical. It's more like the firmware is getting corrupted somehow.
I have reached out to my dealer but with the holiday I haven't heard back just yet. I reached out to tech support with Mimaki and they told me its a fatal error and that I would not be able to do anything to the firmware. Reece Supply out of Dallas is where I purchased the machine from and they said the first time I received this error that it was an electrical issue (like my building getting struck by lightning) but we did not have bad weather and I have everything plugged into a surge protector. I guess I will just have to wait and see at this point.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have reached out to my dealer but with the holiday I haven't heard back just yet. I reached out to tech support with Mimaki and they told me its a fatal error and that I would not be able to do anything to the firmware. Reece Supply out of Dallas is where I purchased the machine from and they said the first time I received this error that it was an electrical issue (like my building getting struck by lightning) but we did not have bad weather and I have everything plugged into a surge protector. I guess I will just have to wait and see at this point.
I guess you can't rule out electrical issues. I'm sure there are some components that can fry that will cause issues like this but the error is directly related to firmware so it's still worth a shot to try updating the FW anyway. Sometimes you get lucky.

I guess you can't rule out electrical issues. I'm sure there are some components that can fry that will cause issues like this but the error is directly related to firmware so it's still worth a shot to try updating the FW anyway. Sometimes you get lucky.
I got a call back from my supplier, they did update the firmware and now I'm back in business! Thank you for the suggestion.