• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33-160 Print is off center

SeanBender

So run into a problem where my print was off center, about 1/2" I cleaned the encoder strip and still off. So I tried to reset the origin point and I couldn't get it to go negative. I couldn't find anything in the manual and everything I find online is referencing banding or some other issues that isn't this. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Check your media edge sensor. It might have gotten knocked out of position so it's reading the edges at the wrong place.

SeanBender

I was confusing the encoder strip with the media sensor. It has a broken tab so it's not sitting in the bracket correctly. Must've bumped at some point.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I was confusing the encoder strip with the media sensor. It has a broken tab so it's not sitting in the bracket correctly. Must've bumped at some point.
Yeah those sensors just pop out easily. You should be able to pop it back in and it should work again. If it's broken, you could try gluing it before getting a part.