• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Solvent to Aqueous

cad

We recently did a discharge/wash to purge the lines in our Mimaki JV33-160 of some air bubbles. We have always run under the SB51 setting with aqueous ink. However, now, we only have solvent ink options (ES3, etc.).

I found a document on Signs 101 but it stated moving from solvent to aqueous is impossible with Mimaki tech support. Are there any workarounds?

hybriddesign

owner Hybrid Design
Don't quite understand what you're trying to do. Are you trying to flush out the aqueous ink and switch to solvent or vice versa? You basically do a full flush which whatever flush is compatible with your current ink set. Then flush out that flush with the new type of flushing fluid and finally follow that with your new inkset.

cad

We were not trying to switch ink - just purge the lines. I believe solvent was mistakenly selected after the discharge/flush.

Setting custom parameters to default reset the solvent / aqueous setting. We were able to get it back up after that by selecting aqueous.