• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

JV33 Typical heat settings

I

ilevelsign

normally i will be running 3m controltac, oracal 3165 and 13oz ultraflex banner

eforer

Generally, my rule of thumb is as much heat as the material will take and not buckle when under way (ie not idling on the heaters). For most vinyls I use around 50c pre, 45c print. Some are more sensitive and I'll go lower to 45c pre 40 print.

Banner material is tougher, satin tends to take more heat than gloss. Also, get the special order F/O ultraflex so you don't have to do a rewind. If you load face in stuff you'll have to load it backward and you'll always have weird tension issues which f up media comp and force you to lower your heat settings even further as it tends to buckle more with no tension. I'm picky about the banner stuff as I like to run the head low for better quality. So keeping it really flat to avoid head strikes is important.

For the F/O 13oz ultraflex satin I run 37c pre, 32 print.

Also keep in mind that I use Triangle JVS (full solvent inks) on a JV3s (slower) in a climate controlled room. The room is pretty much always at 70-72deg F and 45%-50% humidity.