• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laptop skins??

sar bossier

Anyone able to tell me the type of vinyl that is typically used for laptop skins? Must be a material that a typical customer would be able to self apply - similar to the kindle skins??

Also, printed with a Roland SC 545EX??

Intense01

I have only done a couple. Usually I use Ij180 cv3 or sometimes Ij35C. Both work well and hold up for a long time.

sar bossier

Thanks, y'all! That's pretty much what I would print them on, but the average customer won't be able to apply it correctly. I was lookin for the more rigid stuff, similar to Amazon's kindle skins, that ANYONE can install, without messing it up.

qmr55

I have had success with customers applying their own skins using IJ180 and such. Or you can get them to bring it in and you install for them.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I have a customer that uses their equipment every day and we use IJ35c/Oracal 210 lam for all of their skins. No problems at all after 6 months, still holding up perfect.

Include instructions & a cheapo squeegee with their order. If they can't apply them their selves... well, that's their problem.

Justin

hhhhmmmm ... Now, THAT's a thought!! This is my husband's idea to sell on merchant circle, or something. I, personally, think NOT, but whatever ... lol

I'd personally create them on the computer on a mock up template, and only print/cut when someone orders one...

sar bossier

There's no money in laptop skins... unless you're in the already established nitch market.

10 bucks each?

I agree with you, Adam ... I don't see any $$$ in them either, when you can go to amazon, get them custom sized for your specific laptop, and buy it for $3.50. But, like my husband said - in THIS area (cajun rednecks :wink:), there are a number of people that don't know how to use google or amazon? (I think it is an oxymoron - laptop, but not know how to use one??)

I DO like the idea given about offering a FEW specific designs, but NO printing UNTIL they are bought ... GOOD ONE!!:thumb:

Justin

Now if you had some awesome idea like the whole skin is biodegradable, every sale you plant a tree, etc.. you might be able to gather a following online.. Once again, the chinese win in.....