• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex L25500 Question

peavey123

We print probably 8-10 hours everyday. I always keep an eye on the warranty % used in the printer info. In my experience with our machine we have to change head when we near 250%. We've gone past that but you are likely to have colours off etc. You should keep an eye on your printer information pane.

ProWraps

i wish i had your luck with printheads. we are over 3/4 million through ours in a year. the bulk being from two of them. again, at or above 100 printheads between the three.

its also 115 degrees here in the summer.

also keep in mind, my numbers are PRINT numbers. not print and install numbers. big difference. our machines run quite a bit.

dollar amounts are pointless though as your market/s are different than mine.

the only thing that matters is sq/ft through the machine/s.

HulkSmash

for 100k + sqft, your #'s should look close (L through PH's) to these that are through one of mines

We're changing out 3-5 a month +

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 57

jkdbjj

i wish i had your luck with printheads. we are over 3/4 million through ours in a year. the bulk being from two of them. again, at or above 100 printheads between the three.

its also 115 degrees here in the summer.

also keep in mind, my numbers are PRINT numbers. not print and install numbers. big difference. our machines run quite a bit.

dollar amounts are pointless though as your market/s are different than mine.

the only thing that matters is sq/ft through the machine/s.
I did notice, as we are in a new building this year. When the humidity changed, that the cure process dramatically changed, moreso than other machines I've had. To the point I wondered if Summer profiles are called for, and then profiles for the rest of the year.
We keep it 74 degrees most of the time, however, we don't have anything in place currently to effect the humidity directly.

115 degrees? WOW! Speachless...

signage

I did notice, as we are in a new building this year. When the humidity changed, that the cure process dramatically changed, moreso than other machines I've had. To the point I wondered if Summer profiles are called for, and then profiles for the rest of the year.
We keep it 74 degrees most of the time, however, we don't have anything in place currently to effect the humidity directly.

115 degrees? WOW! Speachless...

No! what is called for is you keep your printers in a controlled temperature and environment controlled room, not just an open building! With these variables your profiles will not be consistent.

JoeBoomer

Forever? :)

I ran about 50k sq. ft. through my L25500 before I changed the printheads. I needed to change one or two of them, but then just decided to do all 6 at the same time.

Unless your running in some weird environment or running a bunch of thick media that maybe is hitting the printheads?... I wouldn't expect to have to change them more than every 6-12 months. That is still prob. overkill for the amount of media your running through your printer.

Do what you can to control your climate first. That will cause all kinds of problems with your PH's, your ink not curing, or "re-wetting" even after you think it is dry. Your media will react weird too with all that humidity.

Suz

Thank you all! Great info here about controlling temperatures and humidity, which I also believe can really affect (effect?) how much use you get out of your print heads!

My previous location had well over 2,000 square feet of space, had about 10 really long windows in it, 2 sets of double doors, and 2 single doors. We had all sorts of problems with cracked and warped frames on windows and doors, big air leaks under the doors, and even a few rodents! Yuch! It was located on the side of an old 1940's Military hangar, used previously during wartime. Basically, a very large barn, with airplanes rather than cows. With Seattle rain, Historically, a very cool place to be, and I do love airplanes! However, with the humidity,fluctuating temps and really no way to control any of it, my poor Latex machine wasn't happy, I'm sure!

Since our move to new location early this year, we have somewhere between 1/4 to 1/3 the space, but a much better situation for controlling the temperature. It's brand new construction and due to the fact that the Landlord had done and excellent job insulating to make it more sound proof, it is also very controllable for temperature! Through the winter months, I rarely had to turn on the heat. I miss the airplanes though! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, I'm hoping to do more printing in the new space and hopefully will get some better results from this wonderful printer!

chafro

We run a L25500 and a L26500 both have over 70,000 square feet.

Our L25500 heads last around 5,000 ml average, we have changed many.

The L26500 heads seem to last way longer we have heads with 13,000 ml and still going. Right now all my L26 heads are over 9K ml and working.

federicojacobi

Its a matter of print quality and minimum standards. I've use heads for 9k ml as well as 1.5k. After changing plenty of them I can safely say that after 3-4k quality deteriorates fast. There's more cleaning needed etc. Color consistency is also an issue with a beat up head.

If you only print mesh you can never tell. If you only print high quality paper you'll need to change heads very often