• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Sign Problems

3Dsigns

I ordered a sign from a company, in Alabama, who shall remain nameless for the time being. Six weeks after installation one of the two EMC's went. I called the vendor and they passed the buck to the manufacturer. The manufacturer had me go to the jobsite, disconnect he wires, pull the EMC, change out two LED modules, remove the circuit boards, Capacitor, etc. reinstall on the new modules. Why should I have to do repairs on a new sign with NO PAY? Like told them, I could not rightfully charge the customer for my time. But the manufacturer refused to pay for my time. Now BOTH LED signs are completely dead, (only 5 1/2 months old), the installed sgn cost $7300 and I'm again stuck in the middle. What would yo do? Thanks:)

visual800

ill tell you what to do. blast them on every message board and sign website you can. if they threaten you with an attorney keep on tradhing them. i get so sick and tired of products failing and we are expected to comp the costs. do what I say and you will get results

Stormyj

Just another guy
First of all, by all means tell us who the manufacturer is. Might be someone on here that can help you. Also, what is the manufacturers warranty? They should have at least a year and most reputable companies will somehow compensate you on your repeated install time. Maybe not in cash, but in a discount against further purchases, which is probably out of the question now. There is also BBB.

3Dsigns

First of all, by all means tell us who the manufacturer is. Might be someone on here that can help you. Also, what is the manufacturers warranty? They should have at least a year and most reputable companies will somehow compensate you on your repeated install time. Maybe not in cash, but in a discount against further purchases, which is probably out of the question now. There is also BBB.
I'm going to give them one more chance to redeem themselves before mass publishing their name. I've already racked up about $600 in labor service calls and travel expense; they should compensate in some form.