• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Length limit of print & cut on Graphtec?

akuarela

Hi ya all,

Having a print & cut issue, sending the file that is about 8ft long, laminated to the Vinyl Express (Graphtec). Have plenty of space in the sides, etc. but it is refusing to read the last set of marks at the bottom of the file. Tried putting some matte scotch tape, etc., just in case today it thought it was too shiny or something, but it kind of skips the mark and keeps going to the end of the material (I load it as front roll). Saying "Mark Sense Level Not Enough"

Could it be a length problem? Or?

Thanks for reading and have a nice evening!

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
Hi ya all,

Having a print & cut issue, sending the file that is about 8ft long, laminated to the Vinyl Express (Graphtec). Have plenty of space in the sides, etc. but it is refusing to read the last set of marks at the bottom of the file. Tried putting some matte scotch tape, etc., just in case today it thought it was too shiny or something, but it kind of skips the mark and keeps going to the end of the material (I load it as front roll). Saying "Mark Sense Level Not Enough"

Could it be a length problem? Or?

Thanks for reading and have a nice evening!
8ft can be a little on the longer side, depending what model Graphtec you have. You have to make sure it is feeding through VERY straight.

Jburns

And have like 8 inches or more in length past the crop marks
Rear media sensor may not be covered when looking for rear marks

bannertime

Sense Level Not Enough is saying it's not able to read the mark. Try going into the ARMS menu and telling it to use the "Paperweight." Also make sure there are no odd lights that is hiting a mark. There is a certain time or day during a certain time or year that the sun hits the machine just right that it won't read the mark on the left side. Using a square of white vinyl inside the mark is what I typically do on materials like reflective. If it still doesn't read, there is a calibration in the ARMS menu. Should probably try that anyway.

Also, since you're front loading, you really only need like 4-6 inches of lead. Only like 2-3 for the front edge. On the left and right, at least an inch to be safe. Preferably 2-3.

akuarela

Thanks for your replies!
Zendavor - length seems to not be a problem, I found a setting in the menu, and it was set to a ridiculous over 1000 in (brought in back down a bit just in case)
JBurns - yes, probably have to add some more inches in the back, although I've gotten away with 3.5"-4", but if it has any curl at all, that really also gets in the way.
Bannertime - checked the Paperweight, it was already on. Tried again this morning and nothing changed, did not want to read that last mark.

Somehow, I got lucky with this particular file, as I printed 10 units instead of the 8 that I needed, and the software was kind enough to place the marks evenly between each set of 2, so I sent the file again with just 8 copies, cancelled the print but had the new cut file. So, I covered the marks after the 8 units on the bottom to look like end marks, and that did the trick. Pics attached. Had not much to lose if it hadn't worked, as I already had wasted too much time trying to get it to cut.

Attachments

• IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1158.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1157.JPG
    IMG_1157.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 253