• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question liner to wrap and add logo to "air pots"

netsol

we need to provide liners to wrap air pots for a coffee distributor.

he sent me a sample which is a 3m product, about 7" high and 26" wide it feels like a water resistant paper, with a pebble finish

i am not sure if i want to look for a better option, or just use cast vinyl & a matte laminate. we are going to print eco solvent

mkmie

Lost Soul
3m or 3mm? Sounds like a polycarbonate laminate over a print. Rtape makes a 'velvet' finish laminate that you could pair with vinyl or paper.
I think he means a 3M product (IJ 40?) as in Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company. The original name of 3M. (TIL'd)

netsol

Jburton,
The customer provided one printed liner, says 3m on the back.
I don’t recognize the product (I am much more in my element when someone’s plotter or printer dies)

Like schrodinger’s cat, it is funny how I can be an expert and a novice. At the same time

MikePro

i've done a few of these for local gas stations & coffee shops. pick your poison vinyl, but since these are usually applied by the customer then I opt for air-egress/controltac/etc. Doesn't especially need to be cast, if you're looking for a better price-point ...as the graphic can wrap-around and onto itself, and is not exposed to the elements fulltime, so chances of failure are pretty slim.

I've always used a thicker textured 5mil+ overlaminate because it both looks cool AND those pots tend to take a beating so scratch/scuff resistance is a bonus plus the thicker laminate makes the graphic a bit more rigid for easier client-application.