• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo help also

Stormyj

Just another guy
Hmm. Just saw someone else putting a logo on here that was a bit lacking. I have a customer that is having me do a sign also. Had his "graphic artist" come up with it. I find it boring and thin. Too much white on the sign. He wants to incorporate the TMJ, that's why the face is there. I just think there is a better way to do it and this is the place to get some constructive crit. Any ideas.
tmj signage.jpg

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Here's an opinion: Worthless dreck, totally unsalvageable. A sterling example of nephew art.

The problem with nephew art is that it's far more to do with the nephew than it is about the art. Before you render an opinion to the client, either verbally or by hurling, find out if this 'graphic artist' is some sort of relative or friend, then tread carefully.

Billct2

I would tread lightly. I've pretty much given up on unsolicited suggestions for existing logos. it's a battle seldom won.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What isn't known here is what TMJ actually treats, so we have no idea what the face profile represents. What does TMJ treat? Water, facial reconstruction, cancer, psychiatric disorders, juvenile delinquency? As such the worth of the graphic is unknown as is the choice of type styles and the layout in general. As it sits, there is nothing on which to base any recommendation because we have no idea what TMJ is communicating.

player

Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMD, TMJ, TMJD), also known as temporomandibular joint dysfunction syndrome and temporomandibular disorder among others,[SUP][1][/SUP] is an umbrella term covering pain and dysfunction of the muscles of mastication (the muscles that move the jaw) and the temporomandibular joints (the joints which connect the mandible to the skull). The most important feature is pain, followed by restricted mandibular movement,[SUP][2][/SUP] and noises from the temporomandibular joints (TMJ) during jaw movement. Although TMD is not life-threatening, it can be detrimental to quality of life,[SUP][3][/SUP] because the symptoms can become chronic and difficult to manage.
TMD is a symptom complex rather than a single condition, and it is thought to be caused by multiple factors.[SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP] However, these factors are poorly understood,[SUP][6][/SUP] and there is disagreement as to their relative importance. There are many treatments available,[SUP][7][/SUP] although there is a general lack of evidence for any treatment in TMD, and no widely accepted treatment protocol. Common treatments include provision of occlusal splints, psychosocial interventions like cognitive behavioral therapy, and pain medication or others. Most sources agree that no irreversible treatment should be carried out for TMD.[SUP][8][/SUP]

Stormyj

Just another guy
Here's an opinion: Worthless dreck, totally unsalvageable. A sterling example of nephew art.

The problem with nephew art is that it's far more to do with the nephew than it is about the art. Before you render an opinion to the client, either verbally or by hurling, find out if this 'graphic artist' is some sort of relative or friend, then tread carefully.

I think its his wife's Daughter! :ROFLMAO:

Stormyj

Just another guy
What isn't known here is what TMJ actually treats, so we have no idea what the face profile represents. What does TMJ treat? Water, facial reconstruction, cancer, psychiatric disorders, juvenile delinquency? As such the worth of the graphic is unknown as is the choice of type styles and the layout in general. As it sits, there is nothing on which to base any recommendation because we have no idea what TMJ is communicating.

Interesting. I didn't even realize I was biased already because I knew what it was referencing. I need to keep that in mind.

Jillbeans

I knew what it meant because I have it.
But it could be much more defined.
The logo is cookie cutter boring.
Love....Jill

player

The logo does fit into the medical clinic/business logos...

I don't think it's that bad. I've seen way worse from here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It has no feel of any sort of professionalism, whatsoever. Seeing something like that on someone's front sign or door, would make me turn around. The lettering is just plain dumb looking. The picture is useless and the tagine is so last minute thouhgt, it doesn't fit.

This is hardly a logo, but a bad attempt of component manipulation at best. Just throwing things together, doesn't necessarily give one a logo. It needs to make sense and have a natural flow, not stop you in your tracks and make you throw up in your mouth. Whose gonna work in your mouth just after you threw up ??

GoodPeopleFlags

If they didn't ask you to improve it then don't waste your time because that's all you'll be doing is wasting it. Otherwise, you'll end up making something that's probably way better but they won't go for it and you'll be frustrated. Make their sign, collect the money and move on. I know it sucks to make ugly signs but that's how it goes sometimes.

Marlene

I hate that people feel they have to have a pictorial of some kind on a sign. this isn't the 1800's when people couldn't read so they would put a big tooth, key or whatever so people got it. this isn't a place to stop in to see what the company is about, it is a place people go when they have it so it just has to be clean, professional and easy to read would work better.