• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo work

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Here is a project I did in collaboration with John Deaton.
Started out well with John sending two pencil sketches that the customer liked very much.
Went a little off track from there as the customer needed the graphics finished and installed onto his shuttle vans for a presentation he would be making in less than a week from the day he first saw the drawings.
I couldn't give John the time he needed to finish up so I used what he sent. I manually vectorized his drawings, added the color & dropped them into a hasty layout with some text.
He wanted it as large as possible to cover the sides of the van but didn't want to block out the side windows completely. We'd used window perf for him before and he did not like the look or finish along with not being able to see passengers inside the van.
We compromised by going up into the windows a little with the 180c and cutting out some of the voids in the graphic to allow visibility both ways.
They dropped one van to us the night before the presentation and we had it ready for pick up first thing the next morning.
Customer was very pleased but I felt I let him down on the van. The layout was rushed and it shows.
John did a great job on the sketches and with a little more time (on both ends) this would have turned out more the way I planned on.

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• jbr-door.jpg
    jbr-door.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 90
  • jet-boat-van.jpg
    jet-boat-van.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 81