• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Longest lasting digital print?

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
Hey everybody, I am looking for some input for an upcoming job that I have. I building some signs that will sit on a pedestal at a 45 degree angle (exterior) and was wondering what the longest lasting digital prints are. These signs are full color with a lot of info on them like what you would see at a zoo or a park and I want them to hold up as long as they can. Maybe a vinyl print isn't the answer at all, but its small enough and busy enough that some sort of digital print is needed.

Also, not for this job but has anyone ever printed on vinyl, then used clearshield, then applied an actual laminate to it? I always wondered if that would extend the life any. I almost always used a cast film and laminate for almost every job here, but I'm looking for something longer.

Thanks