• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking at the Jetrix 3015.

jhanson

D'oh. I just realized that I put 5x10 instead of 4x8. I meant that CET and Flora only offer 4x8 true flatbeds, and to do anything 5x10 you have to go to the hybrids.

I know that the next true flatbed size up is 6x10, that's why I said it's a Euro-sized flatbed.

16 heads? You'd have to do that to keep up with an 8 head KM-1024. Even so, their max production speed listed is 37 sq.m/hr, while Jetrix lists 55 sq.m/hr. I'd be curious to see one in full-tilt bi-D operation, which is usually where any head carriage alignment flaws come to the front.

I know the Jetrix can run full tilt in bi-D mode without obvious chromatic banding. I haven't been able to say that about many UV flatbeds.

10sacer

Gee... if i look over my shoulder I see a very large 72x125 CET flatbed churning away behind me...

artbot

flora, aojet, and cet are all the same printer right down to the fuses and number of allen bolts. (the sticker on the front is different)

that design is so solid and tried and tested. i can't come up with much of a rationalization for experimentation with equipment.

jhanson

According to one of the FLAAR reports, CET is now distributing printers built by a company of ex-Flora engineers, which probably explains their current product lineup differences. Flora and AOjet seem to be the same.

artbot

so three OEMs building the same printer designs.

price competition
larger user base
more techs for advanced repair and install
greater established spare parts distribution

could soon be the de facto flatbed.

benjakes

The truth

For the record, and you can go to Atlanta to see all the different progressions of Design models that Cet has built in the last 10 years.

Cet designed the 6x10, and took it to Flora to help build components, with final assembly in US. In return, flora had the rights to market the printer outside NA.

When CET designed their second model, they were tired of the lack of quality components from Flora, so built their own plant and hired some of key employees from flora to run it. They build much better components now since Flora doesn't cheapen everything to maximize profit. Machines are designed and assembled in Atlanta.

That has spurred their growth, and made their printers so strong.

If you go to Atlanta, they have a 5x10 they are building. David has not given me a launch date yet, but you can call and ask.

All the above is the reason why Jiang, the owner of Flora, told me and everyone else he will put CET out of business. Based on the machines and sales, I don't think CET has anything to worry about.

I have owned both models.....

Frog

The reasons I bought a Jetrix:

1) Support from a family owned distributor whom I can call "anytime" if I have a problem - 24/7 and get immediate support. I just made a Saturday call a couple weeks ago and reached my Oldham support tech.

2) Looked at everything else at the 2010 Las Vegas show and nothing was built as solidly as this machine with the quality output / price combination.

3) Only other grey scale machine other than OCE or FUJI that was affordable in the market - which means less print heads and less ink cost. No Lc or Lm.

4) Large 2 liter ink paks that are competively priced for the price range of the machine. Each color supply holds 4 liters in the printer.

5) Only affordable machine I found in the 5 x 10 size which sets us apart in the market.

6) Prints fast enough to allow for a reasonable ROI and quick customer turnaround

7) Includes a primer channel for difficult to stick to substrates without using caustic adhesion promoters - can print to glass, bare metal and acrylic

8) Was willing to learn to do my own basic part replacement with free phone support to save on maintenace service contracts after the initial warranty period. Most service contracts are 10% of the machine's cost.

9) Quality "non Chinese" made parts throughout the machine - Mitsubishi controllers, Schneider electrical components, Image Technologies UV componenets, etc.

10) The reason they use the Spectra Q Class printheads is because of the excellent jetting accuracy and smaller droplet size. Multiple passes have uncanny droplet placement accuracy.

11) Strong three zone separate ring blower suction system all operated from the operator control PC. No knobs or valves to operate.

12) Separate operator control PC which separates the job setup and ripping from the print operator. One person can be prepping and ripping files while another person operates the printer from the control PC.
We're also looking at the Jetrix 2513 and 3015. I was just wondering how you were getting on with your one now you have had it for a while?
I suppose our main worry is reliability as quality etc. looks very good.

Robert Gruner

Friends, Users, and countrymen...lend me your ears! :)

SGIA is 2 1/2 weeks away (www.sgia.org) in Las Vegas.

Look for some nice new surprises.

Be sure and stop in at the Mimaki booth!

Good things come to those who are patient. :)

Bob Gruner