• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for a Dye Sub Recommendation

Signarama Jockey

We are currently in the market for a new T-shirt printing solution. We have a screen printing rig, but it is less than ideal, takes up a lot of space, requires cleaning, etc. We'd like something more compact and easier to do short, unique runs with.

I was hoping that someone would have either a recommendation or a "stay away from ____." that I could use to narrow down my search.

We were thinking about a printer that we could fit on a desktop or table. We have a heat press. We'd like to keep the price tag around or under $1500.

I'd like to get your feedback. Thank you.

amw

Longtime Members
It's a little over your price however the Epson F570 is perfect for what your asking about. Prints with bulk ink, and roll paper (as well as sheets).

I would stay away from "converted" printers.

unclebun

We have the capability to do desktop sublimation transfers, but almost never use it for shirts. We have done a few over the years but the limitation on having to print only on white or almost white 100% polyester shirts makes it a difficult to use technology. We reserve it for other promotional product type items.

We have settled on DTF printing for shirts. But we do not make the transfers ourselves. Right now the equipment for it is not completely turnkey easy. But getting it outsourced is easy and quick and fairly priced. The quantity can be small and still affordable, or large. The quality of the print is superior to any other printing method available for a cotton or cotton blend shirt. The durability has proven superior to screenprinting.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We have the capability to do desktop sublimation transfers, but almost never use it for shirts. We have done a few over the years but the limitation on having to print only on white or almost white 100% polyester shirts makes it a difficult to use technology. We reserve it for other promotional product type items.

We have settled on DTF printing for shirts. But we do not make the transfers ourselves. Right now the equipment for it is not completely turnkey easy. But getting it outsourced is easy and quick and fairly priced. The quantity can be small and still affordable, or large. The quality of the print is superior to any other printing method available for a cotton or cotton blend shirt. The durability has proven superior to screenprinting.
DTF is the hot thing right now. Most major manufacturers are coming out with a turnkey solution. Mimaki has the TXF150 and TXF300 models and Roland has BY-20. Although they all require a separate 3rd party shaker and heater.

unclebun

DTF is the hot thing right now. Most major manufacturers are coming out with a turnkey solution. Mimaki has the TXF150 and TXF300 models and Roland has BY-20. Although they all require a separate 3rd party shaker and heater.
The separate 3rd party adhesive application is what I meant by not completely turnkey easy.

Guerilla Grafix

I have an Epson F570 and it prints about 23.5" wide/50 yard rolls of paper. I also get the 17" rolls for smaller projects. It also has a bypass tray for small sheets, such as for coffee mug paper and letter size sheets.

I love it! I bought it for around $2500 in 2019 and made my money back within a few months just riding the custom face mask/neck gaiter craze.

But like others have said, it limits what you can print on. 100% polyester. I just print on white or light gray.

For cotton and blends, l use a DTF supplier. I get the 22"x20' gang sheet for $99 and my designs come out to about $1.50-$2 each.

ToTo

Professional Support
Ricoh has a good machine for both DTF and direct to fabric with T-shirt table with white. Touch and feel is very good.
Check out the Ri-1000

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a IColor collecting dust if you want to buy it.

I buy DTF transfers that way I can put them on anything. They are not super cheap but you can put them on gang sheets. I currently use Supacolor and I'm very happy with them. They are easy to apply. Preheat a 3 seconds, apply for 10-12 seconds then quick press for 2 seconds with Teflon. They work much better than Transfer Express. Here are a couple samples. If I order them Monday I often have them by Thursday/Friday.

These are all Supacolor

Attachments

• 60170b0c-87f5-476b-b4b6-1e8fe0eb3877.jpg
    60170b0c-87f5-476b-b4b6-1e8fe0eb3877.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 46
  • cc26ee06-6b90-4d13-9d97-0fc4737a2a30.jpg
    cc26ee06-6b90-4d13-9d97-0fc4737a2a30.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 48
  • d75cc7c4-fab5-49d6-bacd-23410d9c3266.jpg
    d75cc7c4-fab5-49d6-bacd-23410d9c3266.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 46

Guerilla Grafix

I have a IColor collecting dust if you want to buy it.

I buy DTF transfers that way I can put them on anything. They are not super cheap but you can put them on gang sheets. I currently use Supacolor and I'm very happy with them. They are easy to apply. Preheat a 3 seconds, apply for 10-12 seconds then quick press for 2 seconds with Teflon. They work much better than Transfer Express. Here are a couple samples. If I order them Monday I often have them by Thursday/Friday.

These are all Supacolor
I had some issues with supacolor transfers not adhering properly. Not sure if it was just that batch, but l had to switch suppliers because those little errors messed up the whole job and l lost out on $300.

I like how Supacolor screen prints a white base and digitally prints on top. Check out DTF SHEET DOT COM if you haven't tried them. Their gang sheets are way larger and they ship the next day as well.

Nicky Zhou

PrintLinks
Thinking about the DTF & DTG for your business, the normal DTG printer which load a different ink can do both DTF and DTG. To convenience both Polyester related and Cotton. DTF for T shirt , small logo would be fine , large coverage is not a good idea. Since airtight. It is better to have DTG for T shirt large image coverage. The latest DTF powderless technology will enhance that simple work solution .