• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Looking for Holographic Cardstock

Mr.Kloud

We have a UCJV and a CG-AR that can cut and crease cardstock for short run boxes.

None of our usual suppliers can source the material for us. We're wondering if anyone has a source for this type of material?

BigNate

there are a lot of sources for holographic vinyl - you can run a roll of it through the laminator and put it onto a roll of COVERstock (cards have been printed on both thick and thin paper - cover is a better description)

Mr.Kloud

there are a lot of sources for holographic vinyl - you can run a roll of it through the laminator and put it onto a roll of COVERstock (cards have been printed on both thick and thin paper - cover is a better description)
Yes, the vinyl is not issue that we're having. We need to buy a rigid cardstock that we can print directly on using our printer and then the cutter to cut it and crease it for short run boxes. Do you have any supplier of coverstock?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Have you printed on cardstock before on your UCJV? Sorry, I can't help with the holo stock, but you've peaked my interest.

BigNate

sheet fed or web? I use Kelly Paper for the sheet fed, they also have some sheets that have the holographic finish. What weight are you looking for? maybe a 110# double-thick cover? there are a lot of choices if you just want white so you can print on it.

Mr.Kloud

sheet fed or web? I use Kelly Paper for the sheet fed, they also have some sheets that have the holographic finish. What weight are you looking for? maybe a 110# double-thick cover? there are a lot of choices if you just want white so you can print on it.
Yes a 110# would work well for us. We'll check out Kelly Paper. Thanks for advice.

Mr.Kloud

Have you printed on cardstock before on your UCJV? Sorry, I can't help with the holo stock, but you've peaked my interest.
Yes, we have printed on card stock before. On Mimaki's website they have video for printing and cutting and creasing on cardstock.
You might need to support from the back and front to prevent a head strike. I wouldn't cut on the UCJV for this type of material.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Yes, we have printed on card stock before. On Mimaki's website they have video for printing and cutting and creasing on cardstock.
You might need to support from the back and front to prevent a head strike. I wouldn't cut on the UCJV for this type of material.

Great to know, thank you! I will check it out.

Good luck with the search, hope you can find some material that does the trick.