• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mac to Mimaki - won't talk!

robynd

Hey guys,

I'm trying to hook up a Mimaki CG-130FX to my mac (OSX 10.5).... and, of course, I wouldn't be writing here if everything went smoothly!
smile.gif

When I go to the fineCut setup, it does recognise the plotter on the USB. However, when I actually go to plot something, it tells me that the plotter is not responding and to check that it is in remote mode. It is in remote mode.

I'm wondering if perhaps anyone out there may have had a similar issue or perhaps be able to offer me some advice.

My initial thought was to download some drivers, however, I have searched high and low and can't locate any for the mac (other than some really old ones for system 9).

Would really appreciate any help you can give me.

signguy95

I don't know about the Mimaki cutters, but the guy that setup our Mimaki printer said that I couldn't use the printer w/ Mac OS. Probably because of the drivers, but I haven't actually confirmed this as we have a PC at work, but Mac at home.

Could always run parallels and windows?

Jay

Typestries

have you tried http://www.magisign.com/

they have a free version you can download and test also you can email the developer directly and he will write you back the next day. Dont let the fact that they are in germany (i believe) scare you, we use it and it works great on a serial and USB plotter

robynd

Hey guys,

Thanks for that advice. I'll definitely look into it. I must admit I'm reluctant to change the software however because fine cut is supported by mimaki and works so well with illustrator. (well... I hear it works well ;) )

It's good to have these options though! Thanks heaps.