• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Magnet Damage

legacyborn

Does anyone have any good photos of damage that magnets have done to vehicles?

I need a couple to help educate my customers and of course have never taken any myself.

Thanks!

No but at a shop I worked at years ago (SBT) they had a magnet care sheet. I always warn people to apply to a clean vehicle to prevent scratching, don't slide them, and remove and clean once a week because they will hold moisture. and when they are not being used make a flat box with fold and with a Velcro strap to protect them from getting wavy from being in the back seat......

Mosh

I give out the magnet care sheet with every order. The worst one I had was the magnetic was blamed for messing up a clear coat on a new (in 1999) ford f-250....
weeks later it was noticed the rest of the clear was failing...so wasn't the magnet after all.

legacyborn

I once saw a car that seemed pristine, except that they had left the magnets on for almost a year and could no longer remove them. They finally peeled them off and took most of the paint with it.