• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

market value

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
Aha! i have your attention!

while this board has great points and angst about pricing jobs and products, i had a question about perceived "market value".

I want to build a kiosk to hold coffee products. i engineer out of 3/4" mdf (furniture grade) and design to fit TWO of them on one sheet via CNC.
my cost is X. assembling the furniture is Y. my question is related to what would a value of a finished kiosk be?

Christopher

oksigns

don't know the final dimensions, quantity of shelves, and whether it has the ability to easily change out/customize the graphics. I have no idea what to tell you; however, from a retail perspective, one of my backgrounds, it sounds like an expensive piece of furniture.

Footprint, portability, and flexibility are chief concerns compared to a very static and specific duty-based display- it better be exactly what the customer wants.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The general rule of thumb for manufactured goods is 5X the cost of material. Start from there and you won't go very far wrong.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This sounds custom made. Ever price out custom made furniture, let alone a niche type ??

Billct2

No idea. But the there are two prices points.
The first A, is determined by your time, material and overhead cost. In other words what it actually cost to produce.
The second is the market value, B.
If the market value B, is less than A then it's not worth pursuing.
If A is less than B then you can charge up to and above B.
A good sign example is a 4'x8 single face 3mm ACM panel sign.
If it's going to be a site sign it's market value is one thing, if it's
going on the front of someone's store it's a different value,
Same cost to make, but different value to the customer.