• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

may have fried jv3 firewire board? HELP!

artbot

it has to be sprayed with and acrylic clear. there's a bit of an art go getting warpy veneer through the printer. i modified my head carriage so i could pass over the humps. also, the media sensor is what does all the "head crashing" not the head. so i took off my media sensor and 3m taped it to my carriage.

RobbyMac

We've been running into intermittent issues with ours. I do not know much about this printer, but I am finding out just how sensitive these boards are. In our case, we also run a plotter. During winter, we tend to get static buildup and small 'pops' on the plotter. Whenever this occurs, and the mimaki is printing a job at the time, the mimaki just stops.

I read somehwere on the net that an outifit does repairs. More importantly, they mention supplying a firewire filter/surge with each repair. Does anyone else use one of these filters with any success? I have little info on them, and a google search gives me the impression that audio guys use them to cancel out any noise, but I am unsure if they would do the job.

In any case, I am wanting to get the parallel port working as a backup just in case.

ruckusman

Can I be so bold as to assume solvent acrylic with solvent acrylic inks and water based acrylic with aqeous inks?