• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki Cjv150-160

brammekeuh

Hi guys,

I can buy a cheap Mimaki cjv150-160, but isnt in use for 2 years. No power at all.

What do i need to check before buying?

Now is the question how to repair?

1) flush the ink lines
2) replace dampers
3) replace capping
4) replace pump

Who has some advice?

Thanks!

damonCA21

If it hasn't been powered on for two years it will need a new head. Probably why it is cheap. Add 1000 Euros on for this. Plus the other things you have already mentioned.

damonCA21

It is also a risk as you can't see it printing before buying, so you don't know if anything else is wrong with it. I would get it powered on and run a test print, it won't actually print anything, but you can see if the printer is sending the correct signals to the head so it thinks it is printing, which is some indication it works ok. This won't show you if there are problems with any of the boards though.

brammekeuh

Hi Damon,

Thanks you for your reply!

Can you give me some advice for the ink line flushing? Do i need to buy for each color a cardrigde?

damonCA21

What you will probably find is the lines are completely blocked. When left the ink can either dry solid, or it has the consistency of oil paint, so cartridges won't flush it out.

The best way is to completely remove the lines from the machine and either replace them, or to use acetone injected through them with a large syringe from one end. If they are bad you will need a lot of acetone ( about 5 litres ) and gradually inject more and more until the pressure pushes out any blockages

brammekeuh

can you give me more info about how to inject the aceton? Do I work from the cardridge to the dampers?

Or do you suggest to do better a replacement? Do you have more info about what kind of lines I need?

damonCA21

You need to remove the hose completely from the printer, so disconnect from the damper and the cartridge dock, and take the hoses out so you can work on them away from the printer as it is very messy. Get a big plastic syringe where the tip will fit tightly into the hose, then refit them once done.

Replacing them is easier and quite a few place sell replacement hoses.

If it has been left without any cartridges in it you may also find the needles on the ink dock are blocked and need cleaning out or replacing as well.

There is also the big problem which is why the seller stopped using the printer and put it away for two years as well. Some sellers will sell printers for spares or repair and just say 'it may need other work as well' or claim it was fully working when put away, when they know full well it has blown a main board or servo board so most people wouldn't want to pay to repair it.

brammekeuh

Ok, I understand.

Cleaning the valves also with a syringe and acetone?

Can I ask you, do you have maybe the service manual for the mimaki?

damonCA21

yes, you need to check all of the ink path from the cartridge dock to the damper to make sure it is all clear. Also check the lines from the cap tops to the pump and the lines in the pump and to the waste.
If you let me have your email address I can send you over the service manual

damonCA21

Yes, is worth testing the lines first to see if they are ok, but sometimes they can be partly blocked and it is hard to tell by doing that.
Have just emailed you the manual