• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki CJV150 Colours Not Right

gazfocus

I’ve recently acquired a mimaki cjv150 and I’m trying to print some stickers but having a tough time with the colours being wrong.

My printer is using the CMYKLmLC ink set and I’m using the media profile for the vinyl
I’m printing onto which I downloaded from the mimaki website.

I’ve done the artwork in RGB as I’d read to use rgb and let rasterlink convert it.

I’ve attached a photo of the sticker printed on my Epson wide format inkjet (the ‘paler’ ones) and also the same colour printing on my mimaki (the ‘brighter’ sticker). Neither is 100% correct but the Epson one is much closer to the artwork and the Mimaki is way off.

Any tips would be very much appreciated as I’m a complete newbie with this and feel so out of my depth.

*thankfully the stickers are for myself so not a customer order*

Attachments

• IMG_9343.jpeg
    IMG_9343.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 129

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The best way to match colors between printers is making your own custom color profiles. Even printers of the same brand and model can print differently without calibration. Do you also send RGB files to the Epson? If not, try sending the CMYK file to Rasterlink. It might get closer for you.

gazfocus

The best way to match colors between printers is making your own custom color profiles. Even printers of the same brand and model can print differently without calibration. Do you also send RGB files to the Epson? If not, try sending the CMYK file to Rasterlink. It might get closer for you.
What device would I need to help me make custom profiles?

Yes, the RGB file was also sent to the Epson. The two files were the same files but with different text.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What device would I need to help me make custom profiles?

Yes, the RGB file was also sent to the Epson. The two files were the same files but with different text.
I'm not the best guy for that recommendation. Perhaps ColorCrest has a suggestion. There are people who you can hire to do it as well.

gazfocus

I’ve just ordered a Calibrite Color Checker Studio so will have a play with creating profiles when that shows up. Hopefully that will help.

SickPrints

I’ve just ordered a Calibrite Color Checker Studio so will have a play with creating profiles when that shows up. Hopefully that will help.
Have you had a chance to use your Color Checker Studio yet? I’m working with a Mimaki CJV150, Rasterlink and a CC Studio as well, and can’t get a device profile working.

I’ve made a profile (.icm file) within the ccStudio software, but can’t upload it as a device profile within Rasterlink’s Profile Manager. I’m only able to upload the .icm file as an input file, which doesn’t seem to accomplish much.

Guerilla Grafix

Have you had a chance to correct your color issues? I just got my cv150 delivered, but have to wait a couple more weeks until the tech can come uncrate it and set it up for me.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I'd get rid of the light ink and use a GPVC profile or one made for the media. There are a lot more options for pre-made CMYK profiles, color gamut is the same and it prints faster. Making your own profiles will probably not be an easy task for you to master at this point.