• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MIMAKI CJV150

Peppeum

Hi everyone and thank you all who respond to my question. I have Mutoh value jet 1324x from 3 years but I have many problems with this machine and I receive a good offer for mimaki cjv150. Can you give advice if is good machine? As quality, reliability, assistance, costs… I print in general vinil, banner, paper blue back, label and I’m very interested about the quality of print. Thank you

brdesign

I got a refurbished CJV150 about 7 months ago and it works great. At first the prints were kind of grainy using the default settings and profiles in Rastorlink so that required some tweaking. I would recommend Onyx for the RIP, I will be upgrading at some point.
At a previous job I ran two older model Mimaki printers for 10 years and they were workhorses, so Mimaki was my first choice when shopping for my own printer. The Cjv150 is basically just an upgraded version of the old printers I used to use, so it's already familiar to me.

brdesign

Thank you brdesign for your advice
I just upgraded from rasterlink to onyx last night and it was a big improvement in print quality and color accuracy. I had a couple of files where the magenta color was way off printing from Rasterlink. Pantone 200c red was coming out brown, but the same file printed perfect with onyx.