• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki Cjv30-130 started printing all black mid print.

Was in the middle of printing some signs and the printer just started dumping ink in black blocks all the way across. i had a set of ffc cables so i changed those and now im getting error code 07 HEAD (0---). could the cables i had not be OEM and be junk? The printhead was replaced in September and the capping station about a month ago. Was working great until this mishap.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 204

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
As far as cables go, as long as the pin count and pitch are the same, they should work. You don't usually have to worry about too many pins as it just won't fit but too few can cause issues with leads lining up and short things out. So I would just check the cables against the connector on the head and if the leads line up with the connector, they should be fine.

That issue basically means something is shorting out and causing the head signal to be corrupted. The first thing I check is the head cables for any damage or ink splatter that could cause a short. After that it could be the head itself, the trailing cables, or any board damaged along the way. It's usually the cables or the head itself though.

All that being said, every once in a while it's a bad encoder or encoder sensor so if your cables look good, that would be a good place to move next.

As far as cables go, as long as the pin count and pitch are the same, they should work. You don't usually have to worry about too many pins as it just won't fit but too few can cause issues with leads lining up and short things out. So I would just check the cables against the connector on the head and if the leads line up with the connector, they should be fine.

That issue basically means something is shorting out and causing the head signal to be corrupted. The first thing I check is the head cables for any damage or ink splatter that could cause a short. After that it could be the head itself, the trailing cables, or any board damaged along the way. It's usually the cables or the head itself though.

All that being said, every once in a while it's a bad encoder or encoder sensor so if your cables look good, that would be a good place to move next.
with the printer printing a doing this in the middle of a print something def conked out mid print, i just ordered a new encoder and encoder sensor along with another set of cables just in case. as soon as they come in ill update if it worked.

As you can see in this pic it was printing in the center just fine and then acting up on the edges until it just started printing all black, last week i had an issue with it print colors on the outside of prints in little lines and then as fast as it started it just stopped doing it.

Attachments

• image0 (3).jpeg
    image0 (3).jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
  • image0 (1).jpeg
    image0 (1).jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 76

Neil

You've gotta be super careful swapping the ffc cables. Aside from all the electrical precautions before you touch anything.
Everything has to line up perfectly.
As an example, we were diagnosing test points and found we got different readings if we unplugged and re-plugged the cables.

If the old cables still look good, try putting them back in.

I would assume that if you're getting a good test print, it's probably not the head.
It could also possibly be software related? Corrupt files in the rip or driver file.

damonCA21

90% of the time when this happens it is either the head cables, or the head board they are plugged into rather than the head ( I use Rolands so not sure of the exact board layout of the Mimaki ). When mine did this it was a failing head board and replacing that fixed it

Try swapping cables from one of the other heads and see if the fault follows the cable and another colour prints out constantly. If it does you know the head board is ok and the fault is the cable