• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JFX200-2513 Printer Prints Out extra Red Color

nyprintasign

Every time, our Mimaki JFX200-2513 printer prints big sheet, such as 4ftx8ft, after printing the correct color for a while, incorrect or extra red color stripe shows up (see attached picture). how to fix up the problem? Thank you for your kind assistance.

Attachments

• IMG-8433.jpg
    IMG-8433.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 202

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
In my opinion, since the color drops and doesn't come back, it appears to be an ink starvation issue. Is there any ink left in the sub tank when this happens?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree. It looks like ink starvation during the print. In these cases I usually check the positive and negative pressure, adjust if needed, and then run an air purge. That takes care of a lot of ink flow issues that aren't caused by a broken part.

nyprintasign

thank so much for answering my question. We did adjust positive & negative pressure and air purge. and also print test result is good. it seems that there is no problem except printing yellow color--"yellow ink starvation"? I have just check how much yellow ink left in the bottle. still have 5-6% yellow ink remaining. do we have to replace new bottle of yellow ink?

guillermo

I do have about the same problem, but when printing red ink, the machine starts to print a darker red, in the text print, yellow and cyan has black ink on the bottom, (same way you see the test print on the machine), then stop the black ink, I pause the machine, do a regular cleaning and is fine to continue.... then starts banding, I have to stop, clean and continue.

Does anyone have a similar issue? I would like some input.

Thank you very much.