• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki JV33 head starving problem with bulk system ....

dedi

Starving problem

Hello,
i just read your post, it looks like headache with your problem on mimaki JV33 with bulk ink system.
From my experience on mimaki JV33, the only bulk ink system that can running well on this machine is MBIS (Mimaki Bulk Ink System). Some Bulk ink system I've tried, one of the them is like you used now, with floater inside the cartridge, it can not running well in this machine. The color suddenly disappear when we prints.
The problem is on the Bulk Ink System. Another ink system that can running well on Mimaki JV33 are cartridge 220 ml, 440ml, or 600ml (only BS3 ink) with one time chip. I am use SAM-INK eco solvent Mimaki jv33 ink cartridge 440ml, and I don't have problem like ink starvation again.
Now i am happy with this machine, i can print on 4, 6, 8 pass without worried about banding that caused by ink starvation.
my suggest, you need to change your bulk ink system. Try third party ink that used 440ml cartridge. Or you can try SAM-INK eco solvent Mimaki JV33 Ink cartridge 440ml. If you want to change your ink, do discharge and wash first.

dedi
Indonesia

bovegas

I think there is issue with air leak in your case. I would switch tubes together with dampers from one head to another and see what happens. If the problem persists than mabe gasket on print head has leak. If the problem goes to next head than maybe there is leak between head and damper or damper and tube

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
In my experience on a JV33, any bulk system that has refillable tanks, floats, refillable cartridges, etc IS the air leak and will ultimately cause problems. With the valved ink train and spring loaded dampers the ink train on these is very highly tuned to very specific pressures. I've explained it before in prior posts regarding this. The only bulk systems that are truly going to give the least problems are those that are sealed systems using ink bags. What is in a regular cartridge? An ink bag. As ink is used what happens? The bag collapses and pressures in the system remain constant. On a hard tank leading to cartridges with floats or whatever what happens as ink is used? Either the cartridge has to collapse, or a float has to drop some to allow more ink to flow ink, beyond that point something is still opening and changing the pressures. Something has to either collapse or be vented to allow air to displace the ink that was used. With sealed bag type bulk systems like Mimaki's own bulk system, MBIS or Triangles EcoBulk, Bordeaux's BBIS, and a few other brands that have ink bad bulk systems out now all keep pressures in the ink train just as if it were using cartridges. Most also still do offer the older style open tank type bulk systems but they are just not going to work perfect all the time on a JV33. That style did work well on the older JV3 though which was a gravity based ink system. With a bag type bulk ink system the bags collapse as ink is used just like cartridges. When the bag is empty, it is no different than changing a regular cartridge, literally zero mess, the ink is never exposed to air, air is never introduced into the ink train, etc. Take this however you want..... My personal suggestion, either change it back to regular cartridges or get a bag type bulk ink system. I do have Triangles EcoBulk system and it is great. Never any problems at all. It just works.