• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Mimaki LF-200 vs LF-140 vs LH-100 ink

InFront

I have just acquired a second hand Mimaki UJV-160 printer. I have the opportunity to get the machine configured any of the 3 types of UV ink: LH-100, LF-140 or LF-200.

I am trying to decide which is the better option for me. 60% of the print jobs will be on PVC vinyl to be applied to vending machines including around the corners of the machines. 20% of jobs will be bumper stickers and 15% on outdoor banners and pull up banners and possibly fence mesh. 5% onto corflute and other thin rigid substrates. Very unlikely my customers will want or pay for laminating.

My concern with the LF-200 flexible ink is that it will be easily scratched, or ink rubbed off when vending machine is cleaned by their owner or the bumper stickers fade quickly. Maybe I should go with LF-140 ink? But will that crack easily on the corners of the vending machines or pull up banners etc?

My only experience has been with solvent inks/machines.