• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mimaki (System Halt 1) 1C3 :PCB SLDR2H

StickitInd

Hey Members, I am needing some urgent advice regarding my MIMAKI CJV150-75
I am rather new to industrial printers and this is my first. I have owned it for 1.5yrs and a couple of days ago got the error (System Halt 1) 1C3 :pCB SLDR2H
I have contacted my supplier to see what parts it may be, they have gotten Mimaki to prep a quote and next thing they are telling me it will be approx $7000 AUD to repair and complete a service. They have quoted to replace the print head.
I have read similar posts from a couple Years back and some have said this is an error to do with possibly a blown fuse or issue with wiring.
Is there I can look at it myself to assess before I am expected to pay $7k upfront for Mimaki to attend. My husband is clued up on machinery and able to inspect for me with any instructions from anyone. Secondly how would I go about purchasing parts (so far I can only see purchase options for consumables)

Thanks to anyone that can help!
Vic

Neil

A quick Google brought up the service manual detailing the error:

I'm not a tech, hopefully someone on here can understand it and point you in the right direction to fix this yourself, but it seems like you could start by checking your ribbon cables.

Ridiculous that they quote more than half the value of the printer to service and swap a head - and it probably isn't that problem in the first place.
Literally the second time in 3 weeks I've heard of this happening here in Aus.

StickitInd

A quick Google brought up the service manual detailing the error:

I'm not a tech, hopefully someone on here can understand it and point you in the right direction to fix this yourself, but it seems like you could start by checking your ribbon cables.

Ridiculous that they quote more than half the value of the printer to service and swap a head - and it probably isn't that problem in the first place.
Literally the second time in 3 weeks I've heard of this happening here in Aus.
Appreciate your reply and thank you for sending the link! I have since spoken with Mimaki to confirm that it is most likely the slider component (not new head required) and that $7k is more likely $1k repair. Still surprising considering my printer is not high use and only 1.5yrs old. Will have my husband take a look over the weekend, fingers crossed we can sort out asap!

Neil

Make sure he knows how to dissipate the capacitors before he touches anything electrical. IE Unplug it and press the power switch a few times then leave it for some time.
Check the ribbon cables between the head and slider board for ink drops, folds, bends. Unplug and re-seat them if he's comfortable with that.
If you can get into the maintenance manual, it will go further detailing how you can check test points on the slider board and main PCB. If you have the right equipment.