• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

More HP FB700 mess - Outdoor Plus better than Indoor Plus?!?

tedbragg

Our FB700 has a weird problem: Outdoor Signage Plus (600 x 300) has a cleaner print than Indoor Plus (600 x 600) ::see attached pics::

I did a manual BIDI registration and the LC heads are totally shot…it couldn’t print a line just a tiny swath of blur.

Turning on Fine Text helps a lot, but UniDirectional made it waaaaay worse. Anyway, the sharper/cleaner pics you see are OSP, and the ratty ones are ISP. Has anyone encountered this, where using higher resolution causes worse results?

Attachments

• IMG_2635.jpeg
    IMG_2635.jpeg
    1,015.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2636.jpeg
    IMG_2636.jpeg
    837.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2637.jpeg
    IMG_2637.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2638.jpeg
    IMG_2638.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2639.jpeg
    IMG_2639.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 50

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
That’s a lot of overspray. Let’s see a prime bar test print.

If it’s LC then you can run CMYK and that will solve the overspray if it’s coming from your bad LC head.

Our FB700 has a weird problem: Outdoor Signage Plus (600 x 300) has a cleaner print than Indoor Plus (600 x 600) ::see attached pics::

I did a manual BIDI registration and the LC heads are totally shot…it couldn’t print a line just a tiny swath of blur.

Turning on Fine Text helps a lot, but UniDirectional made it waaaaay worse. Anyway, the sharper/cleaner pics you see are OSP, and the ratty ones are ISP. Has anyone encountered this, where using higher resolution causes worse results?