• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Motor home graphics

Garyd3599

I have a client (my mother) that wants me to replace the fading and peeling graphics on her motorhome. The old decals are coming off easily but the fiber glass has faded around where the decals are. I am thinking exact decal replacement would cover it but I cannot seem to find the graphics anywhere online. I guess I don't know where to search. I could redesign the decals but is there a way to make the fiberglass one color again?

Sometimes we have to do things for our loved ones that turn out to be hard. :)

Garyd3599

well, I thought about that but I did not really want to spend that much time. And if I procrastinate like I do many times it might not get done before she is 100. lol

equippaint

Sometimes even OEM replacements arent even exactly the same. You can cut and buff it but chances are you will still see some ghosting.

ExecuPrintGS

Depending on what the graphics look like, for simple stripes and other shapes most RVs have we usually strip, run knifeless just outside of the sun faded area and apply new vinyl over it.

AKwrapguy

I have a client (my mother) that wants me to replace the fading and peeling graphics on her motorhome. The old decals are coming off easily but the fiber glass has faded around where the decals are. I am thinking exact decal replacement would cover it but I cannot seem to find the graphics anywhere online. I guess I don't know where to search. I could redesign the decals but is there a way to make the fiberglass one color again?

Take a few pics of the motor home and some measurements make a template and re-create them, make them a little bit larger. Or you can also look at using knife tape.

striper14

firstly i'm very surprised the decals are coming off easily...my first reaction when someone wants their motorhome or caravan decals redone is " get yourself a heatgun & some fingernails & remove old stickers, then call me " they generally dont.

I repaired a motorhome a while ago that had shadows from the old decal. I just used a little bit of cutting compound on a rag & gently polished the faded fibreglass around the shadow to make it less obvious. once the vinyl was installed - some bits i floated on wet..no app tape & other bits i cut to edge of vinyl in strategic areas to get accurate registration - it looked pretty good & although you could still see some of the shadow in places it gave it a bit of 'depth'...lol

Mainframe

They are usually available from the manufacturer but like above mentioned just make the a little larger to cover.

Pippin Decals

Look for a product called Ghost off or Ghost gone.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You had better make them a whole lot larger. You'll never get them back on exactly where the old ones were. The larger they are the harder it is. Most RV decorations don't follow any line or reference point. Just a random collection of random shapes.