• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Multi Location Vehicle Graphics - better way to manage

Centro Graphics

Hi All.

We are looking for a better way to handle a national roll out of vehicle graphics. Over 100 locations, all having different vehicles. Each site only has a few vehicles, though would like a streamlined way of handling calls orders etc, to be able for us to track better and share with client head office. Currently using spreadsheets, though can be time consuming and data can get missed sometimes.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

jfiscus

Rap Master
Spreadsheet is fine, use Google Docs/Sheets and share the spreadsheet link with everyone. They'll see real-time data on the spreadsheet, just limit who is an actual editor of the spreadsheet.

Centro Graphics

Thanks Jfiscus, might help yes.

Stacey thanks, though that sounds spendy and time consuming. Each location might have a different vehicle with a multitude of variations of sizes, colors and year of manufacture.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
Hi All.

We are looking for a better way to handle a national roll out of vehicle graphics. Over 100 locations, all having different vehicles. Each site only has a few vehicles, though would like a streamlined way of handling calls orders etc, to be able for us to track better and share with client head office. Currently using spreadsheets, though can be time consuming and data can get missed sometimes.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Sounds interesting but I’m having a hard time following what exactly is happening and what the need for so many locations.

Can you elaborate?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
For those using spreadsheets, are y’all tracking everybody’s contact information of staff, customers, end users, installers, couriers along with any private logins with the shared sheet? The OP says; "Over 100 locations, all having different vehicles." So, a fair amount of contacts. Are the various players able to view and recognize other’s data or information uninvited?

How about the specifications for the products, and vehicles in this case? Are problem reports handled within the sheet? How are delivery receipts, dockets, or any other forms (digital or otherwise) handled? Tracking correspondence? Are before-and-after pictures stored in the spreadsheet?

The OP states; "Currently using spreadsheets, though can be time consuming and data can get missed sometimes." Is it easy to set spreadsheet cell data to be "required" or maybe apply some sort of trigger for notifications or the like?

What does a WIP list look like in a spreadsheet?

IMHO, even the most basic project management solution would be comprised of multiple spreadsheets.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My spreadsheet has completion photos, links to permits, link to invoices or bids, links to design docs, links to shipping tracking. Space for comments on who I talked to and what was said. I don't put installer info, that's private info kept in email. Best solution? No, easiest without spending a bunch of money and time setting up? Yup.