• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh 1324 Still having Print Issues

mameighan

Ok - so having had print issues I took some advice and replaced the maintenance station.
I am still having some issues (been trying to find a maintenance manual as well).

Attached are my prints. My nozzle check is not good after several cleanings and soak and when I print you can see the banding but aslo not the best color in the yellow and cyan.

Any suggestions?

Also how do I replace the dampers etc on the 1324? I have taken the cover off but unsure where do go next. would someone have a photo of how I get to them?

Thanks

Attachments

• 1224 colors 1.jpg
    1224 colors 1.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 542
  • 1324 colors 2.jpg
    1324 colors 2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 1324 colors 3.jpg
    1324 colors 3.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 333

NazGraphics

i get that problem when i dony print over time.. what i do i run couple low passes and then raised it up
see if it works for you

0igo

Ok - so having had print issues I took some advice and replaced the maintenance station.
I am still having some issues (been trying to find a maintenance manual as well).

Attached are my prints. My nozzle check is not good after several cleanings and soak and when I print you can see the banding but aslo not the best color in the yellow and cyan.

Any suggestions?

Also how do I replace the dampers etc on the 1324? I have taken the cover off but unsure where do go next. would someone have a photo of how I get to them?

Thanks

hey if it's horizontal banding you might have a broken print head, probably messed up when they shipped it out (mutoh replaced mine) second do some nozzle checks and third make sure you aren't printing using a banner profile or anything lower than 720x720dpi

FatCat

If your nozzle check is not good, nothing you do or try will mean anything until you get that problem fixed. Can you post a pic of your nozzle test?
Missing a few nozzles really isn't a big deal but if you're missing more than 20% in any block it will show on your print quality.

mameighan

The nozzle check is bad. I have tried head soaks and replaced the maintenance station. Next is to replace the dampers . Do you think this will help or do you think I am looking at a new head?

father

The nozzle check is bad. I have tried head soaks and replaced the maintenance station. Next is to replace the dampers . Do you think this will help or do you think I am looking at a new head?

If the machine has sat for a long time, dumping money into it may be pointless. What's the history of your printer? (How old, how much use, has it sat without use?)

mameighan

It was working until a few weeks ago. Just wasn't getting regular use for a while - maybe once a week. It is only a few years old, everything else seems good

mameighan

Printer is a few years old
Nozzle check is abyssmal
Black is bad, magneta is bad and yellow and cyan are barely visible (didn't bother to take pics)

questions:
1. will changing dampers affect this at all?
2. Maintenance station did not help - anything else to try?

Attachments

• 20160125_105731.jpg
    20160125_105731.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 354
  • 20160125_105712.jpg
    20160125_105712.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 300

father

The dampers work like a reservoir of sorts. They supply a steady flow of ink to your print head. If the dampers become clogged or the seals bust, the nozzles you're missing won't be consistent. If you do another nozzle check and compare to the one in the picture, is the nozzle check identical? If so, you're probably not looking at dampers as the main cause, but instead you'll be looking at the head needing to be replaced.

Dampers also rarely go bad if you're using *good* ink.

mameighan

Yeah unfortunately the nozzle check is pretty much the same all the time. I will replace the dampers to see and then unfortunately will probably have to shell out for a new printhead

heyskull

Your wasting your time with dampers.
I know this is gonna hurt...
But it is time for a new print head :(

We all do it, avoiding the obvious but you have only one option left and it is the most expensive.
My advise is buy a new print head and a new OEM headcable and then use the machine a lot.
These machines thrive on being used loads the more work goes through them the more ink passes through the head keeping it clear.
I have a head in my machine that is now flashing up head life time (expired) and it is printing as well as the day it went in with no blockages or deflections. But I am running between 50-100+ Metres of stock through it a week!

Sorry but we all don't want to payout for a head but we waste time and money on other parts that could go towards the part that is at fault.

SC

altereddezignz

I know this is old but as cheap as the dampers are it is worth a shot. Also a 48 hour head soak but only the print head dont go to deep. Also when doing the head soak do not let the head rest on the bottom of anything. Use a paper towel folded 3 or 4 times in the bottom.

Ask me how i know all this... Printer set for over a year in the heat with ink in everything.
Runs like a champ today with no new head replacement.