• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Mutoh cleaning mode (turn it down to a simmer)

netsol

i certainly have a love/hate relationship with my new (to me) valuejet 1617h
what a terrific printer! HOWEVER
the way it goes through ink & cleaner, it would be cheaper if i got it to try cocaine

in the last couple days there are 2 cleaning mode lights lit normal and long
(i have to assume this will use more than when it just said normal)

i can't see cleaning mode in the endless string of muthoh menus

we never turn the printer off, so it never sees sleep mode, so those settings don't effect anything
this suggestion from mutoh technician was plastered all over the machine when we got it

i have lots of roland experience, as well as ancient wide format stuff like techjet and the old epsons, but this was my first mutoh

Attachments

• mutoh cleaning mode.jpg
    mutoh cleaning mode.jpg
    660.5 KB · Views: 96

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
When the printer is at the home screen, when it says either "Ready to Print" or "Media End", you press the right arrow key to cycle thru the cleaning modes. Both lights on means the printer is in Short/Economy cleaning mode. That would use the least amount of ink during the printer's auto cleaning cycles.

netsol

When the printer is at the home screen, when it says either "Ready to Print" or "Media End", you press the right arrow key to cycle thru the cleaning modes. Both lights on means the printer is in Short/Economy cleaning mode. That would use the least amount of ink during the printer's auto cleaning cycles.
thank you chris,
to me that is counter-intuitive
i assumed both light lit meant even more cleaner consumed