• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh RJ-900 Help

JC29669

Hello All,

I am new to the Forum and am needing some help regarding a RJ-900. I ran the Cyan out of ink last week. After putting ink back in and bleeding the line of air. I tried to print and no cyan. Since that time I have replaced the damper, cleaned the print head. Now I have ink up to the print head and can not get any ink to flow through the print head not even during the cleaning cycle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jhanson

How did you bleed the line of air?

The reason I ask is that if you took apart the head carriage, chances are the print head is now slanted and won't mate to the capping station. To check, pull the carriage away from the cap station, and look at it directly from the front. The bottom of the head should be level with the two black plastic ramps on either side of the head. If it's not, you need to completely remove the dampers and print head and put it back together so that the head is level BEFORE you put the dampers back on.

JC29669

Unit Printing but Not Correctly

I now have the unit printing but not correctly. I have attached a photo of an image that I am trying to print. I have tried numerous cleaning cycles, soaking the head in cleaning solution.

Please help, I have been fighting this unit for over a week. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Also if anyone has a copy of the Service or Maintenance Manual for this unit, I would love to have a copy.

Thanks,

jcrawford@stargate-enterprises.com

Attachments

• print.png
    print.png
    381.8 KB · Views: 238

JC29669

Nozzle Check Attached

I have attached the nozzle check photo. Thank you for helping.

Attachments

• bm.jpg
    bm.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 257
  • cY.jpg
    cY.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 237

iladi

press the cleaning button. reprint a nozzle check. if it is not perfect, wait couple minutes and reclean. probably after that it will print perfect.

JC29669

Cleaned Again Nozzle Check Still Same

I have cleaned 3 times this morning and the nozzle check is the same. Any more ideas or suggestions?

randya

If head soaks are getting you any more nozzles:

Are you getting ink into the waste tank when you are cleaning?
If not, you may need a new maintenance station.
If yes, you may need a new head.

iladi

Press the knife to release the head assy. Move the head to the left and expoze the capping station. Get a headcleaning swab and some cleaning solution and clean the wiper and the caping station, captop. Alos pour some cleaning fluid on captop.bIf the mentenance tank is full, you can empty content (respect regulations) and replace with hand cut hallo (hope it make sense i google translate). After cleaning wiper and captop, have another clean. There may be some debris in captop stoping the nozzels to get clean. Also you may put a few drops of cleaning fluid into the retention mechanism of the knife. The black piece of plastic that stops the head assy. With time ink get there and the spring don't pull the knife fast enough, head start moving and you will get an overcurrent error.

JC29669

Ok guys.... one last question before I purchase some items. When the cleaning cycle is running there is hardly any ink that comes out. I can put a vacuum pump on the lines from the pump and pull a vacuum on it and can get ink to flow. Does this mean that I need a pump, a capping station or what?

Thank you guys for all of your help.

randya

There is not a lot of ink used during a 'cleaning cycle'. a few milliliters at a time.
If you are getting a good seal using a syringe, then the cap is probably good.

You should be able to pull pretty healthy volumns of ink with a syringe.

iladi

Maybe it is not the captop fault not sealing well. Maybe you have some debris and hardened ink around the head itself? Try to clean arond and beneath the head carefully not to touch the nozzels. Do you have a head strike? How old si the printer? How much are you using it every day?

JC29669

I have the printer printing now its not like it is supposed to be printing. Evidently I have one line of Magenta nozzles that are not printing as when I did a nozzle check I only have one of the two Magenta print.

Is there anyway I can get the machine to print with one line of nozzles or does this mean that I need to purchase a new head?

iladi - I do not have a head strike and the unit is cleaning correctly now. The printer is just over a year old and it is used like 2 to 3 hours 3 times a week.

JC29669

Ok one more update. I replaced the dampers on the magenta and ran two cleaning cycles and the printer, when printing the nozzle check the black printed line after line very close together and then the printer powered off and will not power back up at all. Please give me some help I am the end of my rope.

Thank you so much

iladi

Your printer is young. I print every day, even +150 meters a day and all the nozzels are allmost perfect for more than 2 years. No extra care than usual. Sorry i cannot help you if the printer wont power up. Do not have a service manual. All i know is that if you want to enter that menu you have to press up, right and down arrows while press power. Then you can access various menus, criptic enough without a manual. Thou simply enough to select the cleaning menu and do a power clean. Good luck.

iladi

Why won't my printer turn on?
11/4/10

By GO TEK Staff

If you are having issues getting your printer to turn on, here is a simple checklist to follow:

Is the printer plugged in?
If not, plug it in and try again.
Is there power at the outlet? A simple way to check is to plug in a working lamp and see if it turns on.
If there is no power, check the fuse or circuit breaker to the outlet.
If the fuses and breakers are OK, is there mains power coming in to your building?
If you have power at the outlet, and the printer is plugged in, but it still does not turn on, try plugging the printer in using a different power cord. Most Graphics One and Mutoh products use standard computer power cords with IEC C13 connectors, typically rated between 10 and 15 amps. Sometimes you can get oxidation on the contacts of the power cord, which will prevent the machine from turning on.
If you have done all of the above and the machine still does not power on, submit a request in the GO TEK portal and we can work with you to resolve your issue.

randya

Unplug the machine from the wall and let it sit 15 minutes. NO LESS. Thank me when it comes on. VJ-48 have the same problem.

There is a thermal overload in the power supply.
It has to cool down after it has been tripped.