• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh streaks in green print. Help!

P

ProWraps™

time will tell heh... at this rate i hope i dont end up paying to do this job.

MachServTech

on every solvent inkjet out there green and light greys show problems like this the worst. Seiko's have some bad banding in the greens as do some Mutohs, but I have always found it to be the result of 1. alignments were just slightly off, usually in the yellow (use a blue light to get a more accurate measurement) 2. Bad cr (carriage motor) 3. carriage harmonics from vibration of the bearings. But seeing as you have so much work to do, none of those things will work as Murphy's law is in full effect

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought that the metal tape was needed on the Falcon Outdoor printers due to the small platen plates under the printheads allowed heat to escape between the plates. The tape evens out these 'hot spots'.

Why would tape be needed on the ValueJets, where there is one continuous metal platen across the bed?

Bob

P

ProWraps™

it seems to help smooth the heat uniformaly across the platten. i asked the same question. but it seems to work.

SE SignSupply

it seems to help smooth the heat uniformaly across the platten. i asked the same question. but it seems to work.

Glad things are better but I just can't see how this is a heat issue. Are you saying the problem goes away when the heaters are OFF?

On the intial heat-up of a valuejet the heat is very non-uniform. As the metal warms up the heat should even out. If this is not happening it is possible that the heating strips under the pre-heater/dryer have come unglued.

Ryan

John Butto

what are your setting

Have a valuejet, what color green are you running and what profile in flexi, material etc., would like to run it on mine and see the results since I run two RIPS and see if it might be flexi.

MachServTech

on every solvent inkjet out there green and light greys show problems like this the worst. Seiko's have some bad banding in the greens as do some Mutohs, but I have always found it to be the result of 1. alignments were just slightly off, usually in the yellow (use a blue light to get a more accurate measurement) 2. Bad cr (carriage motor) 3. carriage harmonics from vibration of the bearings. But seeing as you have so much work to do, none of those things will work as Murphy's law is in full effect
....ahh I guess I have to add heater uniformity to my list of BS:notworthy::wink: (jk this kind of back and forth helps me too!)

Last edited:

Biker Scout

Where did this metal tape trick come from? What does it do exactly? Won't the media catch the edge of the tape as it comes across?

The color shift thing is heat related. Had that problem before. When I tried to use all of the vinyl, by backing up a print and printing in the empty area. Ruined my first prints. Got hot roller marks similar to your pic.