• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh vj 1614 yellow fail

dinnomite

Hi, I cannot get yellow nozzles to work. I started to get nearly empty nozzle check on yellow. Then I changed the dumper and while performing little charge and subtank refill my yellow cartridge went to 0%. Ordered a new ink that arrived in a few days. That time I changed the rest of the dumpers because why waste all other inks while refilling. Didn't know I have to fill the dumpers with syringe so I just did little charge and suntank refill because the guy on youtube did exactly like that. All nozzles were messed up. So, I pulled the ink into the dumpers with syringe and after a few strong cleanings got them better. Then another small charge which I interrrupted so I dont waste a lot of ink. One more cleaning got all nozzles working perfectly - except yellow again. Did a few more cleanings, sometimes I got a bit of yellow, once even a one whole channel, sometimes it messes up every other color. At the end, all colors are good, and when I get a bit of yellow and put some yellow image to print and work it out, I get no improvement or it dissapears again completly. The cleaning station seems to work fine as I see it sucking the ink trough the tubes.
Any ideas? Thanks

netsol

mutoh has quite a bit to say about how, if your ink lines are not full of ink,the exposure to air will allow the ink to set up like cement

perhaps this is the case with your yellow? when it is pulling through, is there also air in the line?

YES OR NO, you want to do a good head soak. pinch off the drain line and take a syringe and FILL the captop so the head is setting in a puddlle of cleaner

in the event you still do not see yellow printing, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK, but, what i would do is take a few ounces of cleaner and, with an eye dropper add a small amount of acetone (10% should be enough) TOO MUCH CAN DO SOME REAL DAMAGE, so go easy with this. allow it to sit in contact with your printhead for at least a couple hours

then, do SEVERAL cleaning cycles, filling the captop with cleaner NO ACETONE for 3 or 4 (more wouldn't hurt cycles.

now try your nozzle check again

REMEMBER, VERY IMPORTANT TO FLUSH THAT ACETONE OUT OF THE CAPTOP THROUGH THE PUMP AND INTO YOUR WASTE TANK

FIRST DO NO HARM (that can be harder than you think

probably a good time to mention looking for spilled ink on ribbon cables (ink is conductive and eats through the insulation on the ribbons.)

dinnomite

Thank you for your reply. I pinched the drain line and soaked several times. Left it for a day or so, each time. I can't see any air in the ink lines. Sometimes I get only some yellow nozzles, but each time in different places. Sometimes while doing cleaning other colors get worse but after the next cleaning they get back OK again. I gently swipe the head with the solvent cleaning liquid every few times while performing CR. Down by the wiper, there is a "puddle" of ink. I can't seem to recall it happened before. Today I soaked again. I read about some grease for the cleaning station? What is that all about? While printing palette test print, besides there is no yellow, some samples don't have sharp edges. Ribbon cable have some ink stains. Btw sorry for my bad english. Kind regards