• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mutoh VJ628 Onyx Profile

GrahamT

Has anyone got any decent profiles for the VJ628 and Onyx Rip?
Struggling to find a decent one. Im looking for one for monomeric and polymeric gloss vinyl and PVC banner.

Many Thanks
Graham

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Have a better change building your own vs finding them online.
no 2 printers are the same.

GrahamT

Have a better change building your own vs finding them online.
no 2 printers are the s
Hi Pauly,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to make a profile but yes I hear what your saying.

Thanks

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Hi Pauly,

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to make a profile but yes I hear what your saying.

Thanks
if that's the case, best bet is what mutoh have to offer. or sometimes check with the stock manufacturers if they have profiles to download.
Depends what version of onyx you have, you may have access to the printer and profile downloader - https://www.onyxgfx.com/printer-and-profile-download-manager/
There may be some generic profiles there.

Saturn

Aging Member
I think most VJ628 owners are probably using some version of Flexi in the US, so it's going to be hard to find a canned profile for an already "rare" model printer on a different RIP. :(

Great little printer though—If you don't struggle with finding a steady supplier for well cut 24" rolls of the materials you want. I'm in the process of unloading mine, but it's never printed better, even after 2+ years of good use.

GrahamT

if that's the case, best bet is what mutoh have to offer. or sometimes check with the stock manufacturers if they have profiles to download.
Depends what version of onyx you have, you may have access to the printer and profile downloader - https://www.onyxgfx.com/printer-and-profile-download-manager/
There may be some generic profiles there.
Thanks Pauly - have been trying, very hard to come by as you previously said. Onyx has 1 generic profile fro the VJ628 and its not great.

GrahamT

try Avery profiles, they fit the best on my mutoh onyx workflow. On avery icc web ;-)
Thanks, just tried the Avery website there isn't any for the VJ628. May be a silly question but could I use a profile built for the VJ1324 for the VJ628? - I presume they are the essentially very similar ?

Thanks