• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My logo... version 4,987.

I have posted several logos on here looking for feedback, and always got great responses. Let me start out by saying I am by no means great at designing logos, but I am working on it. I can turn out fire truck graphics all day long, but logos aren't something I do a lot of. I have been searching for the "perfect" logo for my business ever since I started, and haven't been able to come up with anything I was happy with until this one. I've read a lot about not limiting yourself by being to specific with your logo, but 90% of my business revolves around fire department work, so I think even though that is specialty work it should show in my logo. I am not 100% happy with the outer portion of the logo, where it says "FIRE APPARATUS GRAPHICS" and my phone number. It just doesn't look refined to me, and I am questioning whether I should drop the "FIRE APPARATUS GRAPHICS" since I do (occasionally) do other work such as truck lettering. I built this logo to be somewhat adaptable to its surroundings, I have several different versions with different colors and backgrounds. I know the chevron in the background is bright, but it screams "fire truck" just like the gold leaf. I am looking for any thoughts or ideas to dial this one in, because I feel like this is the closest I have come to being happy with a logo!

First version...

attachment.php

Version 2.0...
attachment.php

Attachments

• sellers logo 2.jpg
    sellers logo 2.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 192
  • SELLERS LOGO.jpg
    SELLERS LOGO.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 184

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Too many fonts and wa-a-a-ay too busy. Background creeps right up into the foreground making for a very hard flow. Look at you thumbnails...... they look crazy or ya need to be crazy to read them........ :wink:

That made me think of Pasty Cllne.​

Too many fonts and wa-a-a-ay too busy. Background creeps right up into the foreground making for a very hard flow. Look at you thumbnails...... they look crazy or ya need to be crazy to read them........ :wink:

That made me think of Pasty Cllne.​

The too many fonts thing gets me every time. I really need to learn to pick a couple and stick with them haha. I can work on that, and I think I may have an idea for the background. If I keep the chevron, but darken it a little and do somewhat of a fade that fades to black around the edges... maybe that will help?

Quark

Merchant Member
I love both of your firsts designs. Have great theme, character, and a small town artist feel and look. I would disagree on fonts, etc, and to me your design serves its purpose and looks great, balanced; memorable and true to your image

The old logo in my avatar has served its purpose, but I was never really happy with it. I would like to do whatever I need to do to fix this new one up so I can use it. I guess us fire truck lettering guys are just good at breaking the sign rules... we abbreviate things, we will make things too "busy" with scrollwork and striping, and we try to put gold leaf on everything! Thanks for all the feedback so far!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Regardless of what your background is, nothing like putting together a mess.... A highly evolved mess, but a mess, none the less.

I'm not saying yours is, but your statement is all wrong. Pulling out all the stops, all the bells and whistles or everything but the kitchen sink is not the way to appraoch the single most identifiable focal point of one's business. Having the ability to make something doesnt always boil down to it ALL looks good to someone..... somewhere.

You still need uniformity, flow, balance, good color combinations, usage of the correct elemtns, spacing, white space and most of all professionalism.

Don't give in to....... well, it'll do til I get back to it. It's you..... while you are not around or what you hand out to potential customers or what someone sees while you drive by. The silent salesman is always at work. Either give him ammunition to get you more work..... or blow it by just too much.

Jillbeans

It's busier than a cat trying to cover crap on a marble floor.
Sorry.
Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should.
Logos do not need a phone number or a city, in my opinion, that would ease up some of the clutter.
But the stripes, diamond plate,the busy fonts with multiple outlines...while being nice fonts and all they are just too jarring.
I'd go for something really classy and traditional.
Love....Jill

decalman

I agree with whats been said, too busy too many fonts, and also in my opinion the name should be shrunk down a little . I like to make what people do, larger and brighter, than who they are.

Jburns

in my humble opinion, since you are attracting government users and guys that can afford and re-do fire trucks-- you should choose a design that would fit a firetruck- conservative, limited colors and textures. I think some of the drafts remind me of a race car graphics shop. Perhaps re-tune your avatar graphic. I like that one.

grafixemporium

All the designs you have posted so far are not LOGOS. They are signs... or decals... something... but not logos. You really should consider starting with a clean slate and design your LOGO first. Then, if you want, you can come up with 100 different applications for that logo. When you sit down to design a logo, think about all the millions of effective and successful logos you see very day, everywhere you look. You will not see phone numbers, cities, states or any of that other sub copy on a logo. You will rarely - dare I say never - see an effective and successful logo done in a weird brushed gold looking texture on top of a diamond plate background with red on black strokes around strokes on top of strokes. It's all just very, very busy and hard to read. Not trying to be a jerk... just hoping to help you see the light.

LESS IS MORE!

Good luck!

Andrew
GFX Wraps