• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My new Sign Installation Command Center (aka SICC) vehicle...haha...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Great pics! Ive been considering one of those.. the price seems too close to the full size sprinter though ( could be mistaken but I thought it was only like 10k lower )

I didn't price the full size vans so I can't speak to how the prices compare. I wanted something that would carry 4x8 sheets and would still fit in a parking garage. This is about the only van that fits that description. You can find this online, but the Metris starts right at 30k. Mine was a service loaner and pretty loaded with options. It would have listed for a bit over 35k, but since it was a service loaner (w/4500 miles), they had it listed right at 29k. Talked them down a bit more from that and traded my truck in, which was paid for, so got out of there for around 17k.

If you keep your eyes peeled, you might be able to score a deal.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
I liked the first one so much, I got another (haha)...

Actually, the other one got rear-ended........three times. No joke. The first and third individuals did not have insurance. They received tickets and went on their merry way. I was left with a dented up bumper and van. The second one had insurance but their insurance company sent me a letter saying that because their customer would not answer their phone and there was no video or witnesses, there was no proof and they were considering it closed. Insurance is an utter joke. It rewards the lazy and the dishonest.

Anyway, the lack of visibility in the cargo one as well as the single sliding side door were driving me crazy, so I was happy to make the switch. This is the same year, a 2016, but a passenger version. Much quieter when driving and great visibility. One of my favorite features is it has a sliding door on both sides so now I don't have to crawl into the van to access my DeWalt Tstaks. All of the boxes are facing the doors so everything is immediately accessible. Plus I was able to add more boxes.

A couple of people had mentioned they were considering these. I would still completely recommend them.

008.jpg
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg
012.jpg
013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg
016.jpg
017.jpg

Last edited:

player

Are you going to put the boxes on the doors, the ladder holder and all the other stuff inside? Or did you find some things not suitable?

What about repair and parts costs compared to USA vehicles like Ford, GM etc?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Are you going to put the boxes on the doors, the ladder holder and all the other stuff inside? Or did you find some things not suitable?

What about repair and parts costs compared to USA vehicles like Ford, GM etc?

Not putting the boxes on the doors. I've replaced those with the four parts organizers that are on top of the Tstak boxes (2 on each side). They're great boxes with some really nice features.

Not putting the ladder rack in. Most of my work is lower level so I've decided to not carry that ladder with me (it was the Little Giant 8'-10' step ladder). The 4' ladder enables me to reach most of what I need to. If I need a taller ladder, I will generally know ahead of time and can just put it on the floor or on the exterior roof rack.

Not sure how service compares. The service is pricey but it's also every 15,000 miles, including oil changes.

Johnny Best

Did your cargo carrier get mangled on the last one that was rear-ended twice.
Nice work truck Moze and a nice price for it. Stay safe.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Did your cargo carrier get mangled on the last one that was rear-ended twice.
Nice work truck Moze and a nice price for it. Stay safe.

Thanks!

No, I don't typically have the cargo carrier on the vehicle It just bashed my bumper and doors in.

FutureSigns

Picked this up on Saturday. Figured since this is basically set up for installations, I would post this here in case anyone else is in the market for something similar. For me it's just about the perfect vehicle for the type of sign installs I do. It will hold 4x8 sheet material, has a cargo capacity of 2500 pounds, can tow 5000 pounds, gets 21/24 mpg, will fit in any parking garage, etc. I'm pretty happy with it.
This looks great! Thank you for sharing.