• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need a little help

Patrick92

Hello fellow signmakers!

Here’s my brief introduction: I was in the sign and graphics industry for a number of years (less than 10), and I’ve recently moved into a whole other industry. However, I did at one point but a Roland VP-540 and I’m having a few issues with it. Wondering if anyone here knows what’s going on. Right now the black portion of my print test is showing very small black lines around the test area. I’ve never seen this before. Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 4A4F1CC9-EB77-4F4F-8CE7-2BFD585873CC.jpeg
    4A4F1CC9-EB77-4F4F-8CE7-2BFD585873CC.jpeg
    876.3 KB · Views: 197

DL Signs

Never go against the family
My first thought was dust too, I remember all too well having that happen on older Rolands, used to get fine little piece of fiber from banner material get lodged in the metal cap on the head that doesn't remove with just cleaning... Had to use surgical tweezers to get em' out a time or three. If it's not that, are you having low humidity? static can cause that too.

By the way, Welcome... And since it's Saturday, cheers :toasting: