• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help CJV150 Gets stuck in Cutmode

PJ758

Print runs fine in print mode, anytime i try print/cut it gets it cut mode, cut head shift inot position then freezes the printer would need to turn off and back on.
Tried a test cut through the printer and same results. I get no error codes on screen, is it a bad board... bad cable ?

Dasdesignguy

Production Manager/Field Service Tech
It may not be reading the encoder that it uses to position the unit. I'll bet it is either bent out of position, dirty or failing. Easy fix. LINEAR ENCODER PCB FOR MIMAKI JV33/CJV30/JV5/JV150/JV300/CJV150/CJV300 (E106614)

cornholio

If it's the encoder, then it's the one on the scan motor. (Printing uses the encoder strip and printing works) Maybe replugging the cable connections helps.
I can't remember having this on Mimakis, but I had it twice on Roland VS. There, the carriage crashed into the left side with full speed. (The motor got full current, but the motor-encoder reported no movement)
Maybe the Mimaki firmware handles it differently, or just crashes...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This is a weird one because you should get encoder errors or a motor overcurrent. As Dasdesignguy mentioned, it does seem like it doesn't know it's in position to start cutting but in that case it should throw error 509 which is a head position error related to the encoder. Usually when something like this happens and no error pops up, I tend to lean more towards data processing or communication issues which would indicate a blown board. You might as well try the cheap and easy encoder first though as it very well might be the issue.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If it's the encoder, then it's the one on the scan motor. (Printing uses the encoder strip and printing works) Maybe replugging the cable connections helps.
I can't remember having this on Mimakis, but I had it twice on Roland VS. There, the carriage crashed into the left side with full speed. (The motor got full current, but the motor-encoder reported no movement)
Maybe the Mimaki firmware handles it differently, or just crashes...
Mimakis are similar but they do shut off if there is a large enough discrepancy between the linear and motor encoders.

PJ758

So i found the issue a screw backed out and fell where the pen encoder is and messed up for the liner scale so the encoder couldn't read, and for some reason no error code is coming up, so i'll purcahse a new scale and encoder and will try it out.

Attachments

• IMG-20230710-WA0057.jpg
    IMG-20230710-WA0057.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 68