• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

need help deciding on new eco solvent printer

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Man if we only knew what your needs were. Oh wait, you already know what YOU need.

Mustang EgoBoost
Mustang V8
Ford F150

Last edited:

victor bogdanov

It is a no brainer to get the EPSON, S60600 best value, significantly faster than the S40600 and vg3

price difference between Roland and Epson leaves you with enough $$ to get a nice cutter if you don't have one already

somcalmetim

need some help deciding which printer to get. roland vg3 640 $19K or epson S40 $11k or epson s60 $13k?
If those Epson prices are correct for the comparable 64" printers it would be a no brainer...but when I check the Epson Site it shows SureColor S40600 Print Cut Edition at $28,000+ and the SureColor S60600 at $31,000+ which makes it much different math...I have always used Rolands from Pro2 up through VG3 but if you can get a 64" Epson S60600 for $13k it looks like a great deal.

victor bogdanov

If those Epson prices are correct for the comparable 64" printers it would be a no brainer...but when I check the Epson Site it shows SureColor S40600 Print Cut Edition at $28,000+ and the SureColor S60600 at $31,000+ which makes it much different math...I have always used Rolands from Pro2 up through VG3 but if you can get a 64" Epson S60600 for $13k it looks like a great deal.
Prices are correct, there is even a S60600 plus graphtec for only $3k more. Crazy deal

Screenshot 2024-02-16 203645.png

1.png

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
I sell Roland units and can't really argue with the price difference between the Roland and the Epson. Both will give you incredible looking prints and are easy to use. I will say, after having sold hundreds of Roland and Graphtec plotters, spend the extra money and get a Summa plotter. They used to be around $14K and now they are only about $2K more than a Roland or Graphtec. The Roland and Graphtec are accurate to around 7 feet. The Summa T series is accurate to 50 feet. It's just such a better investment unless you know you'll only be doing small things.

ho420

Yeah, this deal is correct. My shop just got a delivery last week for an s60/graphtec combo. I can check the final number later if anyone is interested, but we got a rebate of around $3000 for our old roland vs540 and all said and done, I think it cost around $13,000 (so roughly half price)

This sucker is massive! Be sure you have a forklift if you order. We're a small mom and pop shop and weren't prepared for such a huge delivery.

Still waiting for install, but it's only another week anyway. I can't wait to get some of my old photos reprinted! If anyone has any tips, video, guides, etc. I'd really appreciate it. I'm trying to get as much research in as I can before the tech comes out.

Thanks!

BTW Yes, it comes with 2 each of CMYK cartridges (one full set) but it doesn't include the cleaner.

Last edited: