• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Need help on 36 drag knife for Summa Cutter (HP Latex 315 Print & Cut System)

StarryColorado

Hello. I am needing to buy more 36 degree drag blades for the HP (Summa rebranded) Cutter and all I can find are the kits with only two blades and the cutting strip for almost $200. I do not need the cutting strip and just need the blades so I found this link for 5 blades for $150. They look exact to the one we need to replace but I am wondering why they don't sell these anywhere else with only the blades for the HP Print & Cut system. Does anyone have any opinion or knowledge whether these would work on the HP branded Summa cutter? Thanks so much!

https://www.airmark.com/products/summa-36-vinyl-cutter-drag-knife-blade-5-pack

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Yeah those work. It's the exactly same blade on both "brands" (HP cutter = Summa cutter).
You can also find some aftermarket ones quite a bit cheaper. The quality ain't that much worse to justify 5 times higher price.

StarryColorado

Yeah those work. It's the exactly same blade on both "brands" (HP cutter = Summa cutter).
You can also find some aftermarket ones quite a bit cheaper. The quality ain't that much worse to justify 5 times higher price.
Where do you find the aftermarket ones? I did so many searches on these dang things and this 5 pack was the only one I found that deviated from the kit with the two blades and strip which seemed like a HUGE rip off to me by HP.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
This is just an example, I haven't used any of these so the quality is unknown.

StarryColorado

This is just an example, I haven't used any of these so the quality is unknown.

Thank you! Interesting, we buy a lot from USCutter and I didn't see this when I searched their site. The blade does not look very clean like the others but the review is good, I may have to try this one out as it is much less and we don't really need 5 blades at once. Appreciate your help!

amw

Longtime Members
Thank you! Interesting, we buy a lot from USCutter and I didn't see this when I searched their site. The blade does not look very clean like the others but the review is good, I may have to try this one out as it is much less and we don't really need 5 blades at once. Appreciate your help!
We have used clean cut blades for as long as i can remember. For Roland, Summa (HP too), and Graphtec. They tend to be sharper then the OEM blades, so turn down the pressure and test before cutting.

Also just buy them direct...the price is much better.
Here is the link to the 36 deg for your HP plotter (summa).

Note...if you order 5 they drop from $16.90 to $13.52 each.

StarryColorado

We have used clean cut blades for as long as i can remember. For Roland, Summa (HP too), and Graphtec. They tend to be sharper then the OEM blades, so turn down the pressure and test before cutting.

Also just buy them direct...the price is much better.
Here is the link to the 36 deg for your HP plotter (summa).

Note...if you order 5 they drop from $16.90 to $13.52 each.

Thanks so much! The reviews are really good on these and less expensive than the US Cutter blade. I will order one and see how it does. What pressure do you typically use for your vinyl substrate? We use HP Permanent Gloss Adhesive Vinyl mostly here and my pressure is typically around 80 for that and the Oracle Perm. Outdoor Vinyl.

amw

Longtime Members
Thanks so much! The reviews are really good on these and less expensive than the US Cutter blade. I will order one and see how it does. What pressure do you typically use for your vinyl substrate? We use HP Permanent Gloss Adhesive Vinyl mostly here and my pressure is typically around 80 for that and the Oracle Perm. Outdoor Vinyl.
The pressure used is going to vary from plotter to plotter. How far the blade is extended, blade, blade wear, etc. is all going to play a factor in your settings.

StarryColorado

The pressure used is going to vary from plotter to plotter. How far the blade is extended, blade, blade wear, etc. is all going to play a factor in your settings.
I wanted to thank you for the referral to Clean Cut Blades. I did order a few and changed my old one out and these are fantastic! You were right, I had to change the pressure to a little more than half of what it was also the angle but it works flawlessly. This is going to save us a LOT of money. Much appreciated!

• Agree
Reactions: amw

amw

Longtime Members
I wanted to thank you for the referral to Clean Cut Blades. I did order a few and changed my old one out and these are fantastic! You were right, I had to change the pressure to a little more than half of what it was also the angle but it works flawlessly. This is going to save us a LOT of money. Much appreciated!
Your welcome. Glad it worked out for you!