• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need help! Roland VS-640

xlvs

Need help I Bought a used Roland VS-640. I was told needed new head. When I tested It was printing but not all colors. I replaced Printhead followed all steps in service manual and now it is not printing at all. Any idea what is going on?

Last edited:

damonCA21

When you changed the heads, did you make sure the printer was completely powered off ( and left for at least 15 minutes unplugged from the mains ) before you removed the head cables? If not you have most likely blown the main board fuse, so that would be the first thing to check.

xlvs

I did power off and unplugged printer. I will check the fuse though. Thanks for your response.

damonCA21

Did you leave it at least 15 mins after unplugging? if not there can be some voltage left that can blow the fuse. If the fuse is ok, did you replace the head cables or use the old ones? I always replace them when I do a head change., and also did you fit new dampers?

Also, do a powerful clean on the printer, and take out the tube to the waste bottle and see if it is getting ink coming out of it. If it isn't then you know there is a problem with the physical ink supply to the heads

xlvs

Yes I did wait 15 mins after powered off printer before removing printhead. I just replaced the two mainboard fuses and still not printing.
I did not replace cables nor dampers. I will get the parts and see if that works. Thanks.

xlvs

I just ran a powerful cleaning and there is no ink flowing to the waste bottle. Why do you think thi is?

damonCA21

OK if it had been left standing not in use for a while the ink has probably dried in the ink hoses and dampers. Did you leave it for a long time not being used before fitting the new head?

Those are the first things you need to check to make sure ink is actually getting through to the heads. You also need to check the ink hose from the captop and those in the printer. They are very prone to getting clogged. The ink dries out to become a sludge and blocks them.

xlvs

Yes, I think lines are clogged Indeed yellow ink is contaminated with dark ink. I tried using a syringe to check if ink was flowing to the heads and it wasn't. I've traced it back to the chock valve it was probably closed for too long.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Yes, I think lines are clogged Indeed yellow ink is contaminated with dark ink. I tried using a syringe to check if ink was flowing to the heads and it wasn't. I've traced it back to the chock valve it was probably closed for too long.
Not a guaranteed fix, but worked for my VS-300i. I inserted cleaning cartridges into all the slots and left it to sit over the weekend and it helped break it up and I was able to push it out that Monday morning and all was back up and running. Hopefully it will help.