• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need recommendations for Outdoor LEDs for flat metal letters.

Savage Signs

Hi everyone, New to the sign industry and first time poster. This website has helped me out tremendously as I'm a complete newb to the industry and had only a 2 week crash course before taking over a small one man sign shop in my very small home town.

Currently I do mostly in house cut vinyl decals, fleet vehicle lettering and outsource for full color printed vinyl. Lots of business apparel and have done multiple outdoor signs for local churches, schools, businesses and such although our signs are very rudimentary, think full printed and laminated vinyl on Thick aluminum composite ACM or printed banner material with tie downs.

The owner of my shop is looking to add some back lighting to his preexisting sign for his mechanics shop and wanted to give me a chance to get my feet wet with doing LEDs and lit signage. I absolutely recognize the fact that i am in no way even close to ready to offer any kind of electrical sign services to the public and would never take on a job like this for a customer but this will be a great hands on learning experience for me and iv done TONS of research and have a basic idea of sign shop quality LED Modules and power supplies.

The sign itself is made of diamond tread aluminum sheet metal cut out letters and has already been mounted to the building. The letters are flat and have no channeling whatsoever. We have discussed what he wants and its mostly just illumination behind the sign not necessarily super clean letter outlines. I wanted to go with a strip light something like the Ribbonrayz IP68 as i believe that will be the easiest way to go about it with clear silicone to help mount. We have an electrician to do a hardwire. The sign itself isn't really able to be detached completely from the building so ill be doing the install most likely in our cherry picker with the sign still attached to the building. although i can detach the individual letters themselves. There is a decent amount of workable space between the sign and the building. I guess what im asking for is possible recommendations on other LED modules that you think will be better to use for a first timer and maybe some pointers on how to go about doing the actual install. Iv added some pictures of the sign itself and the distance from the building.

I appreciate any and all comments even ones telling me I'm way out of my league with this one because I know I am. I want to go about this business the right way and not offer services I cant provide at a professional level but this opportunity isn't something i want to pass up and since its the owner of the company and he understand the level im at right now he just wants to give me opportunities to learn and better myself and the business.

Attachments

• IMG_2812.jpg
    IMG_2812.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 62